Obey Your Body

Buffer Obey Your Body
Thanks to a tip from the Beauty Blogging Junkie, I took a trip to a kiosk at the Montgomery Mall, outside of Philadelphia. This stand sells Obey Your Body, a complete line of skin care and spa products that are made in Israel using original Dead Sea minerals, water, and mud.

If you’re in the Philly area, I highly recommend that you pay this kiosk a visit. But don’t plan on drive-buy (your visit will take 10-15 minutes) – because the salesman is all about showmanship. He’s going to do demonstrations, tell jokes, and enlighten you about the healing powers of the Dead Sea. The routine almost takes on a magic show-esque quality. But trust me, it’s all worth it…because when you get the products home and try them for yourself, that’s when the real magic happens.

camera+12.11+160 Obey Your BodyMy mom, sister, and I all purchased The Ultimate Nail Care Kit, which contains a nail file, buffer, cuticle oil, and hand & body lotion. But the standout of the bunch is the nail buffer – which is unlike any other I have ever used. In the time that it usually takes for me to locate my bottle of clear polish, I buffed my way to super-shiny nails.

camera+12.11+180 Obey Your BodyI took some before and after photos (left) – and while impressive, my digital camera could not accurately capture how reflective my nails look. Unfortunately, it can only be appreciated in person.

Don’t live anywhere near Philadelphia? No problem. You can still Obey Your Body by visiting the website.

9 Comments on Obey Your Body

1. books and shoes
    January 2, 2008 at 10:05 PM (7 years ago)

My friend once gave me a dead sea mask sample and I ADORED it!!! But I threw it away and have no clue who made it.

We have a stand like this in our mall too. But my mom has a beauty supply so I always have to beat the sales people back with a stick! LOL The first time I did let them file and buff my nail. It was pretty.

2. Fabulista
    January 4, 2008 at 2:05 AM (7 years ago)

So glad you liked Obey Your Body, Daneen! They’re SUCH good salespeople, aren’t they? But the products are worth it. Happy New Year to you!

3. Tashina
    January 14, 2008 at 10:22 PM (7 years ago)

There is one of those stands in the mall in my city as well. I let them demonstrate the products and found no difference between their products and a $2 nail buffer from the drugstore.

• mawisha
      February 8, 2013 at 12:22 AM (2 years ago)

the 2$ buffer is a big joke it ruined my nails when they introduce me to the buffer it reconstruct my nails it make my nail to grow amazingly and beautifully thank you obey your body

4. Angry Customer
    January 20, 2008 at 2:46 AM (7 years ago)

I have dealt very closely with the employees of this company and please, please keep in mind that they mislead you and lie to you in order for you to purchase their product. They promised and even wrote on the receipt that I could return the product if I was not satisfied – it burned my skin and they insisted that I could not return. (Even though he wrote ON THE RECEIPT) that I can return – they would not let me and were very very rude and made a scene. When I complained to the mall Guest Services – they stated that they hear multiple complaints daily on the service and the representatives. Do yourself a favor…dont even bother!!!

• salma
      February 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM (2 years ago)

everybody have different stories well me when I wasn’t satisfied with the lotion because I had some reactions they were very nice and helpful they are not only give me my money back they give me a nice gift who suited my skin type since then I wanted only this product and I use it until now it makes my skin so smooth so nice it healed my eczema after two weeks of treatment AMAZING! I will never go back to my doctor who wants to fill my skin with cortisone thank you dead sea with the most effective minerals and vitamins that the body needs really! thank you again for the gift that change my life! obey your body!

July 25, 2008 at 6:04 PM (6 years ago)

Walking through the mall everyone knows it’s annoying when people from the kiosks ask you “may i see your hand” or “may i show you something”. Usually it drives me nuts. One day i was at the mall with my boyfriend and a woman asked us if she could see our hands. She pointed out how i had ridges on my nails and thats why the break and don’t grow. I still wasnt impressed. She asked me if she could try something on me and i said ok. She used a 4 sided buffer on my nail. After a minute or so she applied the oil and my nail was incredibly smooth. I really liked the product. I asked her if using this daily would help my nails grow. Let me tell you i have tried alot to get my nails to grow. She said use the buffer once a week and watch the difference. So i asked my boyfriend nicely and he bought the kit for me. The kiwi lotion smells amazing! So i have been using the buffer and what do you know, my nails are growing!! Im a huge skeptic but seriously my nails are so healthy now. Maybe the jello in my diet is helping too but seriously it looks like im wearing clear nail polish when im wearing nothing on my nails. It looks like a professional manicure! All i do is once a week i use the black, white then shiny grey side on every nail. Every other night if i remember i use the shiny grey side only. The cuticle oil is nice too. It keeps the cuticles back and isnt greasy what so ever. Give it a try!

6. natasha
    March 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM (2 years ago)

my girlfriend loves the obey your body nail kit
    i got it for her for xmas and she dont stop using it you guys should give it a try