Are you looking for a foundation that is natural and lightweight? I checked out Bare Escentuals’ bareMinerals Get Started Kit to see what all the fuss was about.
With bareMinerals’ Get Started Kit you can color, contour, and correct flaws. The Beyond the Basics Kit takes the bareMinerals’ experience to the next level (my next review).
I created a natural look in 5 steps:
1) I used the skin rev-er upper before applying my moisturizer;
2) pre-concealed under eye circles, blotches and other discolorations using the foundation with the full-coverage concealer brush;
3) applied foundation (tan) with the full-coverage kabuki brush until I achieved the coverage I wanted;
4) applied the warmth all-over color with the flawless face brush; and
5) applied the mineral veil (warm) as a finishing powder with the flawless brush to reduce shine and achieve a polished look.
Helpful Tips: Get color matched by a professional and ask questions. Next, watch the DVD, that is included in the kit, several times to get familiar with the products and techniques. Remove daily makeup and oil from your brushes by using make up brush cleansing wipes; a good one to try is by the Sephora brand.
Bare Escentuals’ bareMinerals foundation is a nice change from typical foundation and offered the most flexibility I have ever experienced applying makeup. Depending on my mood, event or skin condition I can layer on as much product as needed. However, darker skin tones may find that the foundation can appear ashy.
The bareMinerals foundation has good coverage, good concealment and was weightless on my face. It didn’t take long to master the techniques but it took practice achieving the finer points to look polished and pulled together. The kit is a bit pricey at $60, but retails for $181 and is worth every penny.
Spoiled Pretty Tip: For a limited-time only, Sephora is offering free shippng on Bare Escentuals’ Get Started Kits – just enter promo code GETSTARTED at checkout.