Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

The other day, I received a package in the mail. When I opened it, I was surprised to find a generous assemblage of beauty bounty – courtesy of my friends at Milani.

milani+003 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye PencilsMy favorites of the bunch are their new Runway Eyes. Each compact contains a single powder shadow that can be used dry for a shimmery, sheer wash of color – or wet, for a more intense look (and as a liner).

The colors are absolutely yummy to look at. And though many of the color options appear quite bold, they are surprisingly wearable.

milani+004 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye PencilsNow that I’ve had a chance to play around with the products, I can honestly say that anyone can wear these shadows. The lighter colors are so sheer that they compliment a wide variety of skin tones. And the darker shades can be used to create a very easy smoky eye when applied with a dry brush – even for those of you who typically gravitate towards paler eye colors. The only warning I have is that these shadows aren’t particularly long-lasting; so I would advise prepping the lid with a primer. My recommendation is Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion. Otherwise, these get the Spoiled Pretty seal of approval. Scroll down for more color swatches.

milani+057 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils
I was also impressed by Milani’s Color Brilliance Eye Pencils. The pencils go on very creamy, apply smoothly – so they won’t tug on your eyelid, and the color payout is very good. In the pic, you can see the colors I received (black, purple, aqua, and green).

Milani cosmetics are available at your local drugstore.

milani+013 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

milani+009 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

milani+049 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

milani+047 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

milani+034 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

milani+037 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

milani+028 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

milani+023 Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

8 Comments on Milani Runway Eyes And Color Brilliance Eye Pencils

1. kiki72
    February 26, 2008 at 5:53 AM (7 years ago)

Oooo!
    Those pencils are lovely!

2. JennBee
    February 26, 2008 at 6:40 PM (7 years ago)

Thanks for the pics and reviews, these look gorgeous! I can’t resist pretty bold colors. I’ll definitely have to scour the make-up aisles for these, don’t think I’ve seen this brand around here yet :(

February 27, 2008 at 9:32 AM (7 years ago)

i have the gold shadow and the navy blue shadow. when wet, they appear very bold but can easily fit many diff complections. & i do agree, they dont last very long. i like pairing the gold shadow with a bronze liner. it looks gorgeous. i got mine from cvs, too.

4. Nevin
    February 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM (7 years ago)

Hey Daneen,

I LOVE Milani shadows. Almondine is a staple in my makeup bag. It’s the perfect base. These look amazing…I love the bronzy gold colors….and little rounded brushes are so cute!

Thanks for the recs!

5. jeani
    February 27, 2008 at 3:26 PM (7 years ago)

I haven’t tried this brand yet. They sure have a lot of awesome colors and I love the pencils

6. Andrina
    March 1, 2008 at 4:08 AM (6 years ago)

I love the primer potion too. It’s one of my favorite products.

7. nilla cookie
    March 3, 2008 at 3:30 PM (6 years ago)

Thanks so much for the review!

I haven’t used colored pencils lately (it’s been years, in fact!) and these look like fun to pick up from the drugstore :)

8. stylishmomy
    April 23, 2008 at 4:12 PM (6 years ago)

cant wait for my Shamrock to arrive! thanks for the post =) Among the shades,which ones are your favs?
    how much for the color brilliance eye pencils? thankies!