Get Even

evenbetter Get Even
One of my biggest skin concerns is hyper-pigmentation. While most people pray for their acne to dry up, I dread it – thanks to the dark marks my pimples inevitably leave in their wake. A blemish that spends a few days on my face can leave a spot that lasts for years.

For what seems like forever, I have been waging war against hyper-pigmentation. My bathroom cabinet is a graveyard of scrubs and creams that wooed me with promises of a clearer complexion. Unfortunately, most of them don’t work…and the ones that do can lighten skin to such an extent that they can lead to hypo-pigmentation – which is especially bad for brown gal like me.

A month ago, I was sick of looking into the mirror and seeing my dark marks staring back at me. So I decided to get even – and I’m so glad that I gave it another try.

Clinique’s Even Better Skin Tone Corrector has made a marked improvement (pun intended) in the appearance of my skin. Developed specifically to address all skin tones, this lightweight serum gently erases discolorations – and results can be seen in 4 to 6 weeks.

How does it work? Clinique’s Executive Director of Research and Development, Dr. Tom Mammone, says, “Even Better breaks down the appearance of dark clusters caused by hyper-pigmentation into less visible dust. Then exfoliating ingredients whisk away these clusters.”

In addition to acne scarring, Even Better also treats sun damage and age spots – and it prevents the appearance of new dark marks. So use it on your face, neck, chest, hands, or anywhere you’re looking spotty.

Even Better Skin Tone Corrector is available at Clinique counters and at clinique.com.

10 Comments on Get Even

April 3, 2008 at 7:49 AM (7 years ago)

tricia said
    so did it actually work, how much of a difference did u notice. how long did it take for you to notice a difference? cause like u i am a brown girl and everything you wrote in this post is so identical to me. i been hearing about it, but i have not purchased it cause i am tired of purchasing so many non working products.

2. Hana
    April 3, 2008 at 11:38 AM (7 years ago)

So you would recommend this for people who have acne scarring? Well, hyper-pigmentation left over from acne, anyway. Is it okay to use even though I still get acne too?

April 3, 2008 at 2:30 PM (7 years ago)

Have you ever tried Mederma for acne scars (or any other scars for that matter)? It’s available on the first aid isle at most drugstores for between $15-30, depending on the size of the tube the store carries. I swear by it for getting rid of acne and other scars fast.

4. Daneen :)
    April 4, 2008 at 6:17 PM (7 years ago)

To answer your questions, it took me like 3 weeks to start seeing a difference. It’s kinda hard because you see yourself every day in the mirror. The best way to gauge if it’s working is to ask someone else’s opinion – perhaps someone you don’t see too often. My mom complimented me on my skin last week – that’s when I really knew Even Better was doing its job. Second, you can use this product on acne prone skin. It won’t clear up acne, but it will lighten the dark marks left by acne (and wn’t irritate skin). And no, I haven’t used Mederma. Personally, I’m more comfortable using something on my face that is developed with facial skin in mind. Plus Mederma treats color and texture of acne scars. I don’t have a problem with texture, just pigment. Oh, one more thing…always use SPF with this product. Or dark marks won’t fade as much.

5. LA Blogger Gal
    April 6, 2008 at 6:54 PM (7 years ago)

I’ve been using the DDF Intensive Holisitic Lightener Gel and it’s made a huge and surprisingly fast difference. I had a large hyperpig spot under my eye. My doctor wanted to remove it, my dermo was fine with it. Me, I just wanted it gone since I hated how it glaringly showed up in photos. This stuff worked really well. I’m glad to see that there are other products out there now…hopefully they’ll all work as well.

6. LA Blogger Gal
    April 6, 2008 at 6:57 PM (7 years ago)

Oops, looks like I picked the wrong product. I use this one…
    DDF Fade Gel 4 Hydroquinone 2% Skin Lightening Gel

7. Southern Sugar
    April 6, 2008 at 11:52 PM (7 years ago)

i have tried obagi and retin a,the jessner peel, everything but laser and have had no luck with this small patch along my jaw line on my left side. have you tried medical grade creams that didn’t work and this did?

8. BeautyTalk
    April 7, 2008 at 4:32 PM (7 years ago)

I have the same problem. I don’t have particularly bad skin but the few pimples I do get leave really bad scars. I’m definitely going to try this!

April 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM (7 years ago)

I just tried Clinique’s site as ell as a live chat to get ingredients- nothing! They don’t even tell you what is in it- I can’t buy something like that. Sephora doesn’t even have the ingredients- that sucks. Is this hydroquinone, kojic acid, what?????? I need to know since i have other stuff in my skin care regiment that might effect this.

April 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM (7 years ago)

I have fairly light skin so I’m not so much worried about lightening the skin as I am just eventually getting scars to fade, though none of the products I’ve tried from drugstores have worked for me. How much per bottle does the clinique stuff usually cost? Is it something that you do all over or just spot on?