Jada Pinkett Smith – You Are Not Rihanna

JadaPinkett CrazyHair Jada Pinkett Smith   You Are Not Rihanna
Jada Pinkett Smith unveiled this new hairstyle (I don’t know what else to call it) at Victoria Beckham’s 34th star-studded birthday party. This Salt-N-Pepa throwback just isn’t working for me. I love me some Jada, but someone needs to point out that not everyone can pull off the edgy hair. That’s Rihanna’s schtick. I say, unless you can do it better – don’t do it at all.

It’s like being a contestant on American Idol and choosing to sing I Will Always Love You. Crackhead or not, Whitney’s got that song on lock – so don’t even go there.

11 Comments on Jada Pinkett Smith – You Are Not Rihanna

1. Joanna Schmidt
    April 22, 2008 at 2:45 PM (6 years ago)

agreed ;)

2. Jenny K.
    April 22, 2008 at 3:51 PM (6 years ago)

Dolly Parton sings I Will Always Love You. Whitney Houston’s version is a cover!

3. Daneen :)
    April 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM (6 years ago)

I am aware that the song was wrtten and originally performed by Dolly Parton. And I’m not taking anything away from Dolly – but Whitney’s version sold 10 million copies, dominated the Billboard charts, and won a gazillion awards. When pop star wannabes sing “I Will Always Love You,” nine times outta ten, they’re singing the Whitney version.

4. JennBee
    April 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM (6 years ago)

Wow, I totally agree… that looks awful on her! I love Rihanna’s looks because they’re usually edgy and fresh (or just plain cute), and she has a great sense of style. But this does not work out. Yiiikes.

5. Gina
    April 22, 2008 at 8:50 PM (6 years ago)

Oh LAWD! Someone is trying to be 20 years younger than she is!!!

6. Nicole
    April 23, 2008 at 4:15 AM (6 years ago)

Yikes indeed! Jada’s hair looks a mess! I can’t even imagine what it would look like against a white background… at least the darkness of these photos shields our eyes a bit. I just don’t get what her hairstylists could have been thinking.

7. Miss Elle
    April 23, 2008 at 8:54 AM (6 years ago)

Say WHAAAAAAT.

Jada. Jada, girl, what are you thinking?!

Oi.

xoxo.

April 24, 2008 at 12:07 AM (6 years ago)

Not lovin the Rihanna comparison simply because this is such a popular style before she’d attempted it (and the hairstylist in me just hate celeb being credited for hairstyles).

However I do agree that it’s not the move for Jada not so much age but the fact that it’s never been her style so it just looks wrong on her.

9. DEONNA.GORDON
    April 24, 2008 at 3:37 AM (6 years ago)

everyone knows jada pinket-smith is the queen of hair dos…..she is rocking this hairstyle just like the rest of them….demetria

10. yummy411
    April 24, 2008 at 2:38 PM (6 years ago)

wow. harsh, but i agree. esp. after coming into her ‘womanhood’ as mommy and being Mrs. Smith’ a look and style loved by all.. this is a shocker. i know she wants to do the rock thing, but……………….

May 6, 2008 at 5:02 AM (6 years ago)

Sadly, I think she is using this style to cover up a black eye. I saw her on Oprah and could see the remnants of a black eye. I don’t think I have ever seen her or Will look so bad! The are both really thin and look like they are doing speed. It reminded me of Whitney and Bobby about 10 years ago. It will break my heart if that turns out to be the case.