This Mascara Makes Me Shed A Tear…A Few, Actually

smeared+mascara This Mascara Makes Me Shed A Tear...A Few, Actually

maybelline+colossal This Mascara Makes Me Shed A Tear...A Few, ActuallyFor the past couple of days, my Cover Girl LashBlast has been playing a particularly impressive game of hide-and-seek. I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t find her, so I’ve been using Maybelline’s The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara.

And while I really love the way it looks, by the end of the day, it starts to irritate my eyes…to the point where I’m forced to wash it off way before of my nightly face-cleansing ritual, because my eyes are stinging so bad.

I’m not usually sensitive to eye makeup products, so it can’t just be me.

Have any of you had this experience with The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara?

6 Comments on This Mascara Makes Me Shed A Tear…A Few, Actually

1. Jenn
    August 14, 2008 at 5:57 PM (6 years ago)

I’ve been using it for about a month and had no problems, yet. Sorry to hear it’s giving you problems!

2. JennBee
    August 14, 2008 at 6:17 PM (6 years ago)

Interesting… I haven’t had that problem yet! I’m a little sensitive to eye makeup, even.

3. mellow
    August 14, 2008 at 8:52 PM (6 years ago)

Haven’t tried that particular mascara, but I think I just may be the only person in the world that can’t use Maybelline’s Great Lash mascara. Irritates my eyes something horrible. So, maybe it’s Maybelline in general?

4. jaimehwkns
    August 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM (6 years ago)

I have a friend that can’t wear any of Maybelline’s mascaras – her eyelids get red, puffy, and watery! She isn’t particularly sensitive to makeup either! Must be something in the Maybelline brand that bothers you guys.

5. bellannie
    August 15, 2008 at 10:59 PM (6 years ago)

Hmm. I haven’t had that happen, but it flakes like crazy and is just an OK mascara to me. Lash Blast FTW.

6. Ingrid
    August 16, 2008 at 2:42 AM (6 years ago)

yup, & it's a real pain in the behind when I'm out biking. Never happened w/ any other mascara I've tried, but I mostly stick to high end items, I find ds & cheapo stuff (including Clinique) to be more irritating in general. Thankfully (I guess) I didn't care for this mascara, not nearly as good as MAC plush lash plus I hate all the stupid packaging that ds lines throw in. Plus, no B2M option & mascara is the one product I get rid of regularly.