Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

handcuff Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I’m a beauty addict with a nasty little habit. I don’t like to play by the rules.

If a face mask says to leave it on for a half hour, I’m watching an entire episode of Project Runway before I take it off. When a product recommends using a dime-sized amount, I squeeze out a silver dollar. And if a conditioner says to rinse after 3-5 minutes, you best believe I’m letting it marinate like a mutha.

Why am I compelled to rebel? Perhaps it’s because I think that by using more product or leaving it on longer, I’ll be more happy with the results. Silly, I realize…but I’ve been behaving this way for so long, I can’t help myself.

Does anyone else do this? I can’t be the only rule breaker.

11 Comments on Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

1. Smirking Cat
    September 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM (6 years ago)

Depends on the product! I usually can’t wait to rinse off a face mask, so I will be right to the second getting that off. Conditioner I leave in longer though.

2. Adrienne
    September 5, 2008 at 4:02 PM (6 years ago)

I do this ALL the time…especially with shampoo and conditioners…and face serums and creams….I LOVE IT.

3. Fashion's Darling
    September 5, 2008 at 4:34 PM (6 years ago)

Guilty as charged! I’m convinced that the directions on the bottle don’t know what they talkin’ about. You are not alone

September 5, 2008 at 6:37 PM (6 years ago)

Yeah! I do that for everything too. More is more!

5. Bobbiebobbob
    September 5, 2008 at 6:43 PM (6 years ago)

Oh no I do that too. Masks are the worst for me. Hair masks, especially. I’ll forget I put it on until I’m already dried and out of the shower.

6. Tammy M
    September 5, 2008 at 7:31 PM (6 years ago)

Ummm…I am glad I am not the only one!!! I am notorious for letting a deep conditioner stay on my hair until it is super dry…while I paint my toes and watch tv and forget about it!! Hee hee!

7. monique
    September 5, 2008 at 8:15 PM (6 years ago)

this is so me! i do the same thing…i like to think that by doing this it does give a better result…even if it’s not really true! :)

September 6, 2008 at 12:44 AM (6 years ago)

I do the same thing and always have since I started using products or following treatments. If it says let it sit for 10 minutes, I do 11 or 12. I guess I just don’t trust the labels. :P

9. Miss Anjela
    September 6, 2008 at 3:45 AM (6 years ago)

Daneen,

Rest assured that you are not only one that does this…I do it on a regular basis and I don’t feel guilty one bit, lol.

I wonder: are you happier with the results 90% of the time or is it a hit or miss?

10. otu
    September 6, 2008 at 6:04 AM (6 years ago)

Cosmetics aren’t rocket science, you know, so I don’t see what could go wrong with a mask kept on for longer than recommended. (If you’re doing a home perm or dye on hair, I would say stick with the given time frames, because of the chemical reactions going on in those mixtures.)

Yeah, I definitely do that, too.

11. eye4style
    September 6, 2008 at 9:17 AM (6 years ago)

I have nothing particularly valuable to add…except this post was hilarious!