All I Need Is A Miracle, All I Need Is You

modelco+miracle+veil All I Need Is A Miracle, All I Need Is YouMy complexion is far from perfect. Like many of you, I struggle with acne, dark circles, hyperpigmentation and rednesss. But masking these imperfections with foundations and concealers can lead to a vicious cycle. Yes, heavy face makeup camouflage your problem areas, but they can exacerbate skin issues, rendering you more dependent on these products. Besides, I’m not the kind of gal who likes wearing base on the regular. Boo hoo. What to do?

ModelCo (the whiz kids behind Body Meringue and Shimmer Airbrush Illuminiser) just unveiled Miracle Veil Skin Perfecting Fluid, a light-weight skin corrector that minimizes imperfections, disguises redness, lightens pigmentation, evens out skin tone and protects skin with SPF 14.

When I first took a chance on Miracle Veil, I was absolutely perplexed. It’s green, so I was extremely hesitant to rub it all over my mug. I thought to myself, “How in the ham sandwich will smearing this mint colored mess all over my face make me look better?” But the beauty of most beauty products is that they wash off. So I gave it a try, figuring that I had nothing to lose – other than a few flaws.

Well, let me tell you…they don’t call it Miracle Veil for nuthin’. It brightened my skin tone, whisked away the shadows beneath my eyes and enhanced my skin’s luminosity. Wearing Miracle Veil is akin to traveling with your own lighting crew. So I can dare to go bare. The product also acts as a primer for optimized makeup application; it cancels out darkness and redness, so your foundation and concealer don’t need to work as hard. But the benefits don’t end there. Miracle Veil doesn’t just hide imperfections, it heals the skin.

White Mulberry Root Extract balances skin pigmentation and protects against future discoloration. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory, soothing and calming the skin to combat redness with anti-bacterial properties. Hawthorn Extract prevents the visible appearance of wrinkles while treating pigmentation and uneven skin tone. And Phospholipids create a protective barrier while reducing water loss and protecting against environmental pollution.

So if you look in the mirror and it seems like you’ve stumbled into some bad lighting, don’t hope for a miracle. Just go out and buy one.

Miracle Veil is available at Henri Bendel, Sephora, Beauty Bridge and modelco.com.au.

8 Comments on All I Need Is A Miracle, All I Need Is You

1. Jen Hill
    November 4, 2008 at 2:51 AM (6 years ago)

Miracle Veil is wonderful. Yes, it resembles mint toothpaste coming out of the container but it protects treats and neutralizes redness beautifully. Excellent review Daneen!

November 4, 2008 at 2:59 AM (6 years ago)

Unfortunately hawthorn extract hasn’t actually been proven to do anything for the skin. Still, I’m intrigued by your description.

3. Amber
    November 4, 2008 at 3:37 AM (6 years ago)

How in the ham sandwich is the best thing I’ve EVER heard. Love it! Best review EV.

4. hklover86
    November 4, 2008 at 3:51 AM (6 years ago)

are u sure its at sephora cause i am at the site and i cant find it :(

5. bourgieadventures
    November 4, 2008 at 4:31 AM (6 years ago)

I’m interested. I’ve recently trashed my foundation and I use Philosophy’s “The Present” for an airbrushed look. Still, I’m open to alternative products and so-called skin perfecters. Thanks for the heads up.

6. Felicia
    November 4, 2008 at 4:38 AM (6 years ago)

Do you think this works on all complexions? I’m Gabrielle Union-ish in complexion

7. boydweiser
    November 4, 2008 at 2:14 PM (6 years ago)

I don’t have the best skin either, but it’s getting much better. I use Esoterica Night Fade Cream while I sleep to fade away all of my dark spots. My chin was once a whole different color from the rest of my face because of acne.

I have been using the Esoterica a little over a month now, and believe or not, I no longer even have to put on concealer before I put on my makeup. They must have changed the formula because Esoterica never worked for me like that before. Now I’m putting it on all my scars.

You can get the Esoterica at any local drugstore. It costs about $8 here in Hawaii, so it may be a little less in mainland U.S. Try it!

8. Joi
    November 7, 2008 at 2:31 AM (6 years ago)

You have sold me on this… off to pick it up! Thanks Daneen!