This Is Not One Of My Favorite Things

Long before Oprah was making studio audiences squeal over Josh Groban CD’s and $4,000 refrigerators with TV’s on the door, my girl Fraulein Maria had a song about her favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

I’m pretty sure ColorOn EyeEnvy – Tinsel Kit wasn’t quite what the perky postulant had in mind.

I don’t know why anyone would actually spend $17 on this, but let’s say you do…when the dog bites and the bee stings and you’re feeling sad, thank your lucky stars that you didn’t pay full-price ($25) for this hot mess…and then you won’t feel so bad.

9 Comments on This Is Not One Of My Favorite Things

1. kaylynrenee
    December 18, 2008 at 4:05 AM (7 years ago)

Ha! Great post… Hilarious!

2. Felicia
    December 18, 2008 at 7:19 PM (7 years ago)

Hilarious! Pure comedy :-)

3. Deidre
    December 18, 2008 at 9:35 PM (7 years ago)

Daneen, I couldn’t agree with you more! These shadows are the worst I’ve ever tried. They are a total rip off and really don’t work. I’ll stick to doing my own eye makeup, thank you very much!

4. Teri
    December 19, 2008 at 4:10 AM (7 years ago)

I agree with you as well, Daneen. I cannot believe that Sephora took on this account. They are awful – and laughable.

5. eikcaj
    December 19, 2008 at 5:12 AM (7 years ago)

I HATE THOSE! I just don’t understand at all. These things make me soooo angry! HOW DUMB! Great post!

6. Natalie MacNeil
    December 20, 2008 at 4:46 AM (7 years ago)

Imagine walking by someone on the street actually wearing the blue and white snowflake shadow. I would be so tempted to say something! I would love to know what the sales are like on these things.

Great post :)

7. hklover86
    December 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM (7 years ago)

ive never tried those, but when i first saw them i thoguht “there’s no way…” lol

8. Roro!
    December 22, 2008 at 1:49 AM (7 years ago)

I think that these would be totally fun for a funky costume party…but not for much else. $17 is also way too much to pend for something that can only be useful once.

9. Laura R
    December 23, 2008 at 3:12 PM (7 years ago)

is it the application that’s flawed, or the outrageous design? i like the snowflake pattern…it’d be pretty applied without the crazy colour, maybe on one cheekbone for a party.