This Is Not One Of My Favorite Things

winter skies1 This Is Not One Of My Favorite Things
Long before Oprah was making studio audiences squeal over Josh Groban CD’s and $4,000 refrigerators with TV’s on the door, my girl Fraulein Maria had a song about her favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

coloron+tinsel+kit This Is Not One Of My Favorite Things
I’m pretty sure ColorOn EyeEnvy – Tinsel Kit wasn’t quite what the perky postulant had in mind.

I don’t know why anyone would actually spend $17 on this, but let’s say you do…when the dog bites and the bee stings and you’re feeling sad, thank your lucky stars that you didn’t pay full-price ($25) for this hot mess…and then you won’t feel so bad.

9 Comments on This Is Not One Of My Favorite Things

1. kaylynrenee
    December 18, 2008 at 4:05 AM (6 years ago)

Ha! Great post… Hilarious!

2. Felicia
    December 18, 2008 at 7:19 PM (6 years ago)

Hilarious! Pure comedy :-)

Felicia
    ThisThatBeauty.com

3. Deidre
    December 18, 2008 at 9:35 PM (6 years ago)

Daneen, I couldn’t agree with you more! These shadows are the worst I’ve ever tried. They are a total rip off and really don’t work. I’ll stick to doing my own eye makeup, thank you very much!

4. Teri
    December 19, 2008 at 4:10 AM (6 years ago)

I agree with you as well, Daneen. I cannot believe that Sephora took on this account. They are awful – and laughable.

5. eikcaj
    December 19, 2008 at 5:12 AM (6 years ago)

I HATE THOSE! I just don’t understand at all. These things make me soooo angry! HOW DUMB! Great post!

6. Natalie MacNeil
    December 20, 2008 at 4:46 AM (6 years ago)

Imagine walking by someone on the street actually wearing the blue and white snowflake shadow. I would be so tempted to say something! I would love to know what the sales are like on these things.

Great post :)

7. hklover86
    December 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM (6 years ago)

ive never tried those, but when i first saw them i thoguht “there’s no way…” lol

8. Roro!
    December 22, 2008 at 1:49 AM (6 years ago)

I think that these would be totally fun for a funky costume party…but not for much else. $17 is also way too much to pend for something that can only be useful once.

9. Laura R
    December 23, 2008 at 3:12 PM (6 years ago)

is it the application that’s flawed, or the outrageous design? i like the snowflake pattern…it’d be pretty applied without the crazy colour, maybe on one cheekbone for a party.