Slanket Weather

pink lavender+slanket Slanket Weather
How’s it going, beauties?

It’s frigid and rainy in Philadelphia. And I’ve got a nasty cold. All I want to do is curl up with a steaming cup of cocoa and a good book. A Slanket would be ideal right about now.

Mr. Spoiled Pretty talked me out of gifting Slankets this past Christmas…complaining that “people who wear them look cultish, like they’re waiting for the mothership to come.”

I don’t care what he says. If the weather keeps up like this, I’m getting a Slanket. A pink one. And I don’t care if I look like a lunatic. At least I’ll be toasty warm when the spaceship finally shows.

12 Comments on Slanket Weather

1. The Jet Set Girls
    January 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM (6 years ago)

I’m kinda leaning towards a snuggie myself. Though my BF and I practically fall off the sofa when they show the family toasting marshmallows. Makes me giggle just to think about it!

2. Jackie
    January 8, 2009 at 2:22 AM (6 years ago)

I know people think they look funny, but I would love to have one. I am chilly sitting at the computer right now. With a slanket, I could be warm and still have my arms free to type!

3. CincyFan
    January 8, 2009 at 2:39 AM (6 years ago)

I LURVE my Slanket. The BF got me one in green after seeing me drool over the thought in a SkyMall magazine. Word of warning, don’t get sucked in by its cheaper imitation, The Snuggie. That company is shady. My mom had to cancel her credit card and dispute all sorts of charges that they “automatically” signed her up for.

4. dwj
    January 8, 2009 at 2:49 AM (6 years ago)

My friend Erin Jackson is a comedian and wrote on her blog about how she wants a snuggie and she’s a huge Eagle’s fan. I bought some Eagle’s fleece and found a pattern online and sewed her one. I know they’re hilarious, but they’re actually realllly warm and comfy. I’m thinking of sewing myself one in a Hello Kitty fleece!

5. Kandice
    January 8, 2009 at 3:16 AM (6 years ago)

Haha! This is so hilarious to me because I just saw a commercial for this the other day and was joking with my mom that this is going to be my Xmas gift to her next year! Love it!

6. sarahPUFFY!
    January 8, 2009 at 6:13 AM (6 years ago)

OH, you mean a SNUGGIE kinda thing? Well as long as you dont wear the SNUGG in public then go on and buy it! I’ll stick to regular blankies (any excuse to snuggle under the Beau is a good one ;D)!!!

7. Aleta
    January 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM (6 years ago)

I love my slanket. My husband got me one and I always bust it out whenever I’m not feeling well.

8. Felicia
    January 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM (6 years ago)

Thanks so much for writing about this. I saw the commercial and totally want one!

9. Stephanie
    January 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM (6 years ago)

So I have to be honest my BF did get me the Snuggie for christmas, my first reaction was are you freakin kidding me. My mom and I laughed for days but now that I am sick I seriously love my snuggie, so I guess the saying of don’t knock it till you try it says it all!

10. Atiyah
    January 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM (6 years ago)

I am a memeber of the Snuggie Cult and love it. I stay so warm and toastie now.

January 9, 2009 at 5:01 AM (6 years ago)

I got a red slanket for Christmas. I do look like someone in a cult or a wizard, but it’s so warm!