Today, I appeared on the NBC 10! Show. You all know that I could fill the entire hour gabbing about beauty products…but, alas, I only had five minutes. At the top of the show, I shared some of my favorite money-saving tips, which include:
* Whenever you buy online, do a Google search for promotional/coupon codes and free shipping deals. You’d be surprised by how a few minutes of investigative work can save you a pretty penny.
* Sign up for a free rewards card at your favorite beauty retailers. With Sephora’s Beauty Insider Program, you accrue a point for every dollar you spend. When your ‘beauty bank’ hits 100 points, you can choose a deluxe sample. Plus, Sephora treats you to a deluxe beauty treat on your birthday. Stila Cosmetics just unveiled a similar program.
* Register your email with your favorite beauty brand or online retailers – to have news, coupons, and exclusive deals delivered to you inbox.
* My hairdresser is a longtime friend of the family, so we have a special arrangement. I bring in my own products and he gives me a discount. If you have a good relationship with your hairdresser, see if he/she would be amenable to a similar deal.
* Beauty schools offer salon services at discounted rates, so consider taking advantage of their menu of services.
A little later in the program, I returned with more tips and some fabulous budget beauty product recommendations!
For more video product reviews and tips, click here for Spoiled Pretty TV.