Now, ULTA stores nationwide are stepping in to help women reinvent their coifs during these hot and hazy summer months.
The Salon at ULTA’s pro Designers will host a series of free workshops demonstrating the techniques women need to know to create salon styles at home.
Choose from two customized workshops…
Turn Up the Volume: Learn quick tricks to create maximum volume, boost and body.
Saturday, July 11th – 10:00am-Noon
Sunday, July 12th – 11:00am-1:00pm
Saturday, July 18th – 10:00am-Noon
Tame Your Mane: Learn industry secrets to help you gain control of even the wildest head of hair.
Sunday, July 19th – 11:00am-1:00pm
Saturday, July 25th – 10:00am-Noon
Sunday, July 26th – 11:00am-1:00pm
Saturday, August 1st – 10:00am-Noon
Pre-book your appointment today for a free one-on-one consultation with a Salon Designer to receive personalized tips. First-time guests also can take advantage of 30% off Hair Color or a $30 Signature Cut at the Salon. Walk-ins are always welcome, but only those with reservations will be guaranteed a seat for this event. To book an appointment call 1.800.968.5823 or visit ulta.com to find a location near you.
Can’t Get to ULTA? Tracy Guthrie, ULTA’s Manager of Salon Training, shares how to get the look at home:
Turn Up the Volume
* Wash hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner to add density to the hair shaft.
* Comb hair with a wide tooth comb to eliminate frizz.
* Apply a volume enhancing styling product from roots to ends.
* Blow dry with a round brush for fine straight hair or paddle brush for thick curly hair.
* Lift hair up from the scalp to create height.
* Finish your blow out with a frizz fighting blast of cold air.
* Back comb hair at the crown and around the temples.
* Smooth the top layer of hair over the teased portion with a dollop of finishing serum.
* Use a large-barrel curling iron on 2-inch section of hair from the chin down to add big curls to the bottom.
* Set your style with a volumizing hairspray
Tame Your Mane
* Wash hair with a smoothing shampoo and conditioner.
* Comb out hair with a wide tooth comb to eliminate frizz.
* Apply a smoothing cream mixed with a drop of shine serum onto damp hair.
* Blow dry hair until 80% dry.
* Use clips to section hair to complete the blow out.
* Pull small sections straight with a paddle brush and direct heat from the blow dryer until completely dry.
* Apply a heat protective styling spray on dry hair and smooth with a flat iron.
* Tame fly aways and add shine with shine spray or serum.