It’s that time of year again…time for MAC to unveil their Halloween Face Charts. Though these makeup masterpieces may appear difficult to replicate, don’t be scurred…Spoiled Pretty is hooking you up with step-by-step instructions. You’ll be amazed at how monstrously fun and devilishly do-able these looks can be.
Another option is to use white Paintstick from the MAC PRO line.
2. It is important to have references of zebra stripes handy to study the pattern. Use Blacktrack Fluidline with a #210 brush to create the pattern of zebra on the face.
3. Doubling up on #37 lashes can create a dow eyed animalistic eye.
4. Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing powder will seal the deal.
2. Use Brush #191 to apply Chromacake in Pure White to the entire face, including the neck area.
3. Lightly sketch the “wave” design on the face with Fascinating Eye Kohl.
4. Outline and shade the design details with Smolder Eye Kohl and Blacktrack Fluidline, using Brush #212.
5. Use Brush #217 to apply Carbon Eye Shadow over the design in order to set with a matte finish.
6. Use Brush #208 and Blacktrack Fluidline to elongate and define eyes. Follow by using Brush #239 to blend Carbon Eye Shadow over both eyelids.
7. Apply Lash #36 on the upper lashline and Lash #33 on the lower lashes to open up eyes.
8. Define the lip with Black Knight Lipstick.
2. Use a powder brush to dust White Frost Eye Shadow all over the face, concentrating the strength over the high planes.
3. Draw the outline of the skull design with Blacktrack Fluidline and Brush #228.
4. Use Brush #109 to shade Electric Eel Eye Shadow over the contours of the face within the skull design.
5. Use Brush #228 to apply Blacktrack Fluidline to outline and shade the eye sockets, and switch to Brush #210 to continue with Blacktrack to create the details over the forehead, browbone, nose, cheek, mouth, and chin.
6. Use Brushes #219 and #311 to fill in details with correlating Eye Shadows in Passionate, Chrome Yellow, Purple Haze, Juxt, and Orange.
7. Use Powerpoint in Industry and Scene Eye Shadow to shade in teeth. Outline with Black Knight Lipstick.
8. Finish finessing details with Boot Black Liner.
2. Use Brush #190 to apply Painterly Paint Pot over the entire face, stippling more coverage over the high planes for a prominent highlight.
3. Use Brush #109 to buff Fluidline in Waveline over the contours of the face, creating a blended ombre between Painterly and the indigo shade of Waveline for an airbrushed effect.
4. Create deeper contours along the temples, nose, eyes, cheek, and chin by applying Carbon Eye Shadow with Brush #217.
5. Use Brush #208 with Blacktrack Fluidline to line the eyes and create the deep wrinkles above the brow, around eyes, under cheekbone, and chin.
6. Create dotted texture on the skin and details of eyebrow with Rapidblack Penultimate Liner.
7. Finish the eyes by applying Lash #8 on the upper lashes and Lash #4 on the lower lashline, following with one to two coats of Zoomblack Zoomlash Mascara.
8. For the lip, use Brushes #209 and #311 to apply smudges of MAC Red Lipstick blended with Clear Lipglass over the mouth into the distorted smears of blood.
2. Create a heavy lidded effect with a smokey eye by using Blackground Paint Pot as base all over eyelid with Brush #242. Apply a dense layer of Carbon Eye Shadow, concentrating on the outer and inner corner of the eye, leaving the center of the lid bare. Use Brush #217 to blend outward with Eye Shadows in Sketch and Shadowy Lady.
3. Create a glowing highlight in the centre of the eyelid by applying Luna Cream Colour Base and follow with a blend of Vanilla Pigment and Vex Eye Shadow.
4. Eyes should be smudged and kohl rimmed as black as possible through lower lashes with a blend of Smolder Eye Kohl and Carbon Eye Shadow with Brush #228.
5. Continue to create dark circles under the eyes by using Brush #217 to apply a blend of Print and Nocturnelle in sweeping semi-circle strokes. Leave spaces between these strokes bare to create highlights.
6. The femme fatale has been drinking blood! Draw Redd Lip pencil from lip down the chin, then paint on MAC Red Lipstick. Add Clear lipglass to the mixture with Brush #210 to give a glistening wet look.
1. Block out the eyebrows with MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer
2. Sketch out the card shape around the eye…use an actual playing card to get the right shape
and trace it with Fascinating Eye Kohl.
3. Fill in the card with Luna Cream Colour Base and cover with White Frost Eye Shadow.
4. Add card details with Blacktrack Fluidline.
5. Cover face with Studio Sculpt Foundation.
6. Use Blacktrack Fluidline and Mystery Eye Shadow to create the ultimate smoky eye.
7. Add lashes to top and bottom of eye with Duo Adhesive.
8. Using Lasting Lust Pro Long Wear create a heart shape on the lips!
2. Outline the butterfly design with Fascinating Eye Kohl and sketch detail of wings.
3. Begin with using Brush #242 to shade Juxt Eye Shadow under the eyes, and then follow by blending the following Eye Shadows outward to create an airbrushed effect that moves from green, to blue, to purple: Swimming, Aquadisiac, Moon’s Reflection, and Stars and Rockets.
4. Use Brush #242 to apply Gorgeous Gold Eye Shadow along the inner corner of the eye and blend upward with Expensive Pink, Coppering, and Sushi Flower to finish the upper portion of the butterfly with an airbrushed finesse.
5. Use Brush #209 with Boot Black Liquid Liner to outline the butterfly and detail pattern inside of the wings.
6. Use Brush #252 with Carbon Eye Shadow to shade over the entire face.
7. Use Duo to apply Lash #42 to the upper lashline and finish with two to three coats with Zoomblack Mascara.
8. Define the lip with Velvetella Cremestick Liner. Apply Cyber Lipstick with Brush #311 and Girl About Town Lipstick along the inner lip for a strong highlight. Finish with a glossy coat of Dazzleglass in Date Night.
For more inspiration, visit the MAC Facebook page and pick your look from their monster roster of 21 Face Charts!