On Friday night, I was among the 8.2 million people who watched Rihanna’s 20/20 interview. But afterwards, while most people were thinking, “Wow…that Rihanna is so brave to publicly discuss such a horrifying personal tragedy” or “That jackass, Chris Brown, deserves whatever is coming to him” – I was thinking, “What products can I use to copy Rihanna’s icy nude lip look?”
So I did what any self-respecting beauty junkie would do. I broke out my lip gloss/lipstick stash and played makeup mad scientist/mixologist. I found that creating Rihanna’s 20/20 look is quite easy to do. All you need is a nude lipstick that is lighter than your complexion, and a silver gloss. Be sure to apply foundation to lips before trying this look, as the foundation will help cancel out any pink in your lips and let the lip color stand alone.
Here are some combos that I think would pass RiRi scrutiny:
1) Clinique Different Lipstick in Tenderheart + MAC Dazzleglass in She-Zam
2) MAC Lipstick in Modesty + MAC Dazzleglass in She-Zam
3) Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss Stick in Nude Almond + MAC Dazzleglass in She-Zam
4) Julie Hewett Lipstick in Biba + MAC Dazzleglass in She-Zam
5) Victoria’s Secret Sheer Gloss Stick in Exposed + MAC Dazzleglass in She-Zam
6) Benefit Full-Finish Lipstick in Lady’s Choice + MAC Dazzleglass in She-Zam
7) + MAC Dazzleglass in She-Zam
8) This is just to show what MAC Dazzleglass in She-Zam looks like on its own
Not satisfied with Rihanna’s lippie recipe? Want to cop her cafe au lait nails too? Try OPI Barefoot in Barcelona.