When it comes to my skin care routine, I use a variety of products. I’m attracted to what smells good, feels good and what works for me. Then again who isn’t? After many years of experimenting, I finally have figured out a great combination for me. That bold statement was verified yesterday when I received a HUGE compliment (at least to me it was huge).
I saw my esthetician yesterday for an eyebrow clean up. I always dread laying down under that bright light where she can clearly see all of my flaws. I was getting ready to defend my pores, just like how I have to defend my flossing habits to my dentist, when she said, “You are doing a great job keeping your skin hydrated. Your face is one of the best that I have seen all day.” “What, really?! Thanks!” was my response.
We all know the importance of keeping our skin cleansed and hydrated…so I won’t bore you with all of that, instead this is what I do everyday:
In the morning:
- Cleanse with Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleanser. I love this stuff and have been using it for over a decade, it’s light and doesn’t make my face feel dry.
- Then I apply Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Eye Gel under my eyes with my ring fingers and if I have excess on my fingers I smooth it over my eyebrows.
- I finish with Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Mega Moisturizer with SPF 15 which lasts throughout the day.
In the evening:
- I am careful to wash my face before 9 p.m. If I wait too long, then I get lazy because I’m half asleep and only interested in hitting my pillow.
- I cleanse again with the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleanser.
- Then I apply Bliss Daily Detoxifying Facial Toner.
- I finish with Comfort Zone Renight Recover Cream, which is spectacular! It must be the Goji berry because I have never smelled anything like this before. It’s delicious!
I encourage all of you to think about your skin care – it’s so important! If you aren’t sure how to start, visit a cosmetics counter at a department store and purchase a 3- or 4-step routine. Or if you don’t want to commit to something like that, ask for samples and do your own experimenting! If you have sensitive skin, only add or change one product at a time, so if you break out or have a reaction, you know which doesn’t work for you.