When it comes to hair dryers, the most important feature to me is a pik attachment. Some women need a concentrator attachment to achieve a salon quality blowout. I need a pik attachment to simultaneously dry and straighten my relaxed hair. So when the pik attachment from my old hair dryer broke nearly every last tooth, I went on a quest to find a new dryer – because it’s easier to start from scratch and get a new dryer that comes with a pik attachment than to find a new pik to fit my old dryer. Those of you who require a pik know. The struggle is real.
So after an exhaustive search, I found an awesome replacement. It’s called the ConairPro YellowBird Hair Dryer. As the name implies, this dryer is used – and beloved – by many professional hairstylists.
They likely love it for the same reasons I do:
- It’s inexpensive – around $38.
- It comes with two attachments – pik and concentrator – so you can blow dry in the manner that works best for your texture and/or desired style. Also, these attachments firmly stay on, so you won’t have to worry about them falling off mid-blow dry, which pik attachments are notorious for.
- At 1875 watts, it’s powerful. And a narrower than normal nozzle concentrates the air flow, which results in speedier dry times. I swear that this dryer has cut 5 minutes off of my blow dry routine.
- It has 2 speeds and 4 heat settings – including a cool shot. The only drawbacks with the buttons are their placement and that they’re not really labeled well. But the dryer performance makes up for this shortcoming, so I can deal and work around that.
- It’s not heavy. It’s also not the lightest dryer I’ve ever used. But the fact that it does the job so fast means that my arms don’t get as tired as they have with other bulkier dryers.
I purchased mine at a local beauty supply store, but it can also be purchased on Amazon.com.