And while you’re there, be sure to sign up for membership…it’s free! And don’t miss their Oscar de la Renta giveaway. One lucky winner a one-of-a-kind dress designed by the icon himself. Better yet, in addition to this original creation, the winner will receive a sketch of the dress, signed by the designer.
Today, the lovely Nicole Brewer interviewed me for Behind The Blog on CBS 3′s website. Check out the article and accompanying video (my 1st time using Skype!).
Many thanks to Nicole for this wonderful opportunity!
If you’re a nail phile, you really must visit (and bookmark) my girl Michelle’s blog, All Lacquered Up…and not just because I’m featured in today’s installment of her weekly column, What’s On Your Nails.
All Lacquered Up is the web’s first (and best, by a landslide) nail focused beauty blog. Michelle’s site serves as an outlet to share her intense love of color and all things nails. Regular features include nail trends, nail lacquer collection reviews and industry insider interviews.
Thanks for showing Spoiled Pretty some love, Michelle!
A few days ago, I was interviewed for mystyle.com, The Style Network’s website. And yesterday, they posted the feature to their blog!
This type of feature story is typically reserved for celebrities, but mystyle recently decided to also profile fashion and beauty bloggers…and they started with ME!
The article is really engaging and complimentary…you should definitely check it out. Even if you visit me every day, you’re guaranteed to learn something new. I even give some shout outs to products that haven’t yet been reviewed on Spoiled Pretty – which makes this article a must read!
Many thanks to Sydne Summer for choosing me as a guinea pig, and for making me sound like I’m too cool for beauty school. Merci, Sydne!
Spoiled Pretty has the best readers in the world, literally. Today, Galina from Skin Care and Beauty, sent me a scan of a Spoiled Pretty feature in Russian Vogue! She was looking through some back issues, and found an article about Spoiled Pretty in the May 2008 issue.
Author: Daneen from Philadelphia
Updated: Every day
Why should you read it: Daneen tries out all the new products and writes how she likes them, how long makeup lasts and if you should spend money on a product. She gives recommendations: for example, a body moisturizer with pink champagne and shea butter from Jaqua or a collection of “wedding makeup” by Bobbi Brown. She tells her readers about an interesting skin care line Cate’s Essentials created by SK-II for Cate Blanchett. And, by the way, Daneen also writes about men’s makeup.
Many thanks to Galina for the scan, and for her translation services!
Today, I appeared on the NBC 10! Show. You all know that I could fill the entire hour gabbing about beauty products…but, alas, I only had five minutes. At the top of the show, I shared some of my favorite money-saving tips, which include:
* Whenever you buy online, do a Google search for promotional/coupon codes and free shipping deals. You’d be surprised by how a few minutes of investigative work can save you a pretty penny.
* Sign up for a free rewards card at your favorite beauty retailers. With Sephora’s Beauty Insider Program, you accrue a point for every dollar you spend. When your ‘beauty bank’ hits 100 points, you can choose a deluxe sample. Plus, Sephora treats you to a deluxe beauty treat on your birthday. Stila Cosmetics just unveiled a similar program.
* Register your email with your favorite beauty brand or online retailers – to have news, coupons, and exclusive deals delivered to you inbox.
* My hairdresser is a longtime friend of the family, so we have a special arrangement. I bring in my own products and he gives me a discount. If you have a good relationship with your hairdresser, see if he/she would be amenable to a similar deal.
* Beauty schools offer salon services at discounted rates, so consider taking advantage of their menu of services.
A little later in the program, I returned with more tips and some fabulous budget beauty product recommendations!
For more video product reviews and tips, click here for Spoiled Pretty TV.