Summer is a time for barbeques, beaches and poolside cocktails, not a time to worry about frizzy, flat or unmanageable hair.
Now, ULTA stores nationwide are stepping in to help women reinvent their coifs during these hot and hazy summer months.
The Salon at ULTA’s pro Designers will host a series of free workshops demonstrating the techniques women need to know to create salon styles at home.
Choose from two customized workshops…
Turn Up the Volume: Learn quick tricks to create maximum volume, boost and body.
Saturday, July 11th – 10:00am-Noon
Sunday, July 12th – 11:00am-1:00pm
Saturday, July 18th – 10:00am-Noon
Tame Your Mane: Learn industry secrets to help you gain control of even the wildest head of hair.
Sunday, July 19th – 11:00am-1:00pm
Saturday, July 25th – 10:00am-Noon
Sunday, July 26th – 11:00am-1:00pm
Saturday, August 1st – 10:00am-Noon
Pre-book your appointment today for a free one-on-one consultation with a Salon Designer to receive personalized tips. First-time guests also can take advantage of 30% off Hair Color or a $30 Signature Cut at the Salon. Walk-ins are always welcome, but only those with reservations will be guaranteed a seat for this event. To book an appointment call 1.800.968.5823 or visit ulta.com to find a location near you.
Can’t Get to ULTA? Tracy Guthrie, ULTA’s Manager of Salon Training, shares how to get the look at home:
Turn Up the Volume
* Wash hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner to add density to the hair shaft.
* Comb hair with a wide tooth comb to eliminate frizz.
* Apply a volume enhancing styling product from roots to ends.
* Blow dry with a round brush for fine straight hair or paddle brush for thick curly hair.
* Lift hair up from the scalp to create height.
* Finish your blow out with a frizz fighting blast of cold air.
* Back comb hair at the crown and around the temples.
* Smooth the top layer of hair over the teased portion with a dollop of finishing serum.
* Use a large-barrel curling iron on 2-inch section of hair from the chin down to add big curls to the bottom.
* Set your style with a volumizing hairspray
Tame Your Mane
* Wash hair with a smoothing shampoo and conditioner.
* Comb out hair with a wide tooth comb to eliminate frizz.
* Apply a smoothing cream mixed with a drop of shine serum onto damp hair.
* Blow dry hair until 80% dry.
* Use clips to section hair to complete the blow out.
* Pull small sections straight with a paddle brush and direct heat from the blow dryer until completely dry.
* Apply a heat protective styling spray on dry hair and smooth with a flat iron.
* Tame fly aways and add shine with shine spray or serum.