For the second year, rappers Method Man and Redman will be teaming up with Staten Island-based barbershop chain Against Da’ Grain
(ADG) to offer children free hair cuts in time for Easter.
“Whether it’s free haircuts or family style BBQ’s, ADG is always looking for ways to reward its customers and I’m always down to celebrate their community efforts”, explains Redman.
106 & Park’s DJ Megatron is also scheduled to appear, to talk to the kids while helping them prepare to look their “Sunday best” for the Easter holiday.
The ADG Kids Cuts Day
Saturday April 3, 2010
Noon – 5:00 p.m.
Haircuts and styling for children ages 12 and under, on a first come, first served basis
The event will be held at the following ADG locations:
West Brighton, located at 821 Castleton Avenue
61 Victory Blvd (formerly the Wu-Tang/Wu-Wear Store)
Joan Jett’s hairstylist, Sally Hershberger, shares tips on how to get a shag.
What is a shag?
SH: “A shag is really any layered cut. From longer pieces like Gisele, to something choppier like Joan’s hair.”
Why is it so popular?
SH: It’s a very versatile style that can work with many different hair types.”
What do you ask your stylist for if you want a shag?
SH: “If you want to take the look in a more severe direction, ask for a shorter style that has lots of layers of all lengths for a choppy, rockstar look. A more subtle version would be something a little less drastic – longer, softer layers.”
How do you style a shag?
SH: “The key to a great shag is using the right products. Most women have layers in their hair but, until my Shagg line, there was never a line of products designed to define and enhance their layers. To really make the most of layers, use lightweight, residue-free formulas so your layers aren’t weighed down.”
Sally’s styling tips:
1) First, rough, dry hair.
2) Use Sally’s Shagg Spray on dry hair and blast with a blow dryer.
3) Shape with your hands, which is much easier than using a brush to create texture and pieciness, for a great messy, sexy look in seconds.
4) To refresh the look, give the style a few quick additional spritzes.
5) Further define your layers with a gel. Sally uses her Shagg Rocks Liquid Gel to create further separation. Just pull a little through the hair using your hands.
The Runaways, starring Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning, hits theaters on March 19.
Have you ever wanted to ask Kim Kardashian for advice on relationships, beauty, health, fashion or style? I know many of you do because I’m constantly inundated with emails asking how to cop Kim’s style. Anyway, now you can get the answers to your questions straight from Kim. (more…)
“We wanted to achieve a sexy and sophisticated look while keeping it balanced with her dress. With luminous skin and neutral-glossed lips, I was able to really focus on her beautiful almond-shaped eyes.” -Makeup artist Vera Steimberg, for NARS Cosmetics
Zoe Saldana wore the following products to achieve a fresh and luminous effect:
* Orgasm Illuminator
* Enchanted Cream Blush (NEW for Summer 2010; try Gueule de Nuit Cream Blush
for a similar effect)
* Lamu Multiple (NEW for Summer 2010; try South Beach Multiple for a similar effect)
* Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (NEW for Summer 2010, Available May 1st)
* Brousse Duo Eyeshadow
* Nuits Blanches Eyeliner Stylo
* Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
* Love Devotion Lipstick (NEW for Summer 2010; try Casablanca Lipstick for a similar effect)
* Ophelia Lip Gloss