“For Toni Collette I combined warm healthy skin with a bronze metallic smoky eye and nude glossy lip. I added a layer of La Mer’s The Body Crème to keep her skin looking glowing and radiant. To keep her face looking flawless I used The Radiant Concealer SPF 25 under her eyes and on any redness. I prepped her lips with the amazing La Mer Lip Balm to keep them full and hydrated all night long.” –Makeup Artist Gita Bass
Archive of ‘Celebrities’ category
“Fergie’s styling team is very much a team and she is instrumental in the process,” says Ronit. “We all come to her with ideas in mind and piece them together (clothes styling, hair and makeup). She is an incredibly creative person with a strong vision so communication is easy.”
For the Golden Globes the inspiration was Fergie’s lavender, Grecian dress. “When she decided on this dress, I knew immediately that I wanted to use YSL’s Rouge Volupté #2 and Golden Gloss #10,” says Ronit. “I based the rest of the makeup look around the lips with balance in mind. We kept her makeup natural and glow-y; we love warm, glowing skin because it radiates youth and happiness. Also, as her makeup artist, my favorite part is accentuating her blue eyes with warm tones and a soft lip. The strong brow was a new look which came about on the set of a new music video which we just filmed. It looks great with her new, dark locks and adds a fun, fresh touch.”
Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation #5 was applied with the application brush and then smoothed with fingertips for a flawless finish. Touche Eclat #2 was applied to the bridge of the nose and to the cheekbones to accentuate her glowing skin. Rouge Volupte #2 and Golden Gloss #10 gave Fergie the perfect nude lip to compliment her lavender gown. Finally, Fergie’s lashes were topped with tons of Mascara Singulier in black.
For the gorgeous Modern Family star, celebrity makeup artist Julie Harris dusted Lancôme Star Bronzer on the temples, chin and neck. This cult bronzer enhanced Sofia’s tawny complexion while adding that ideal touch of glamour.
Celebrity stylist, Oscar Blandi created Sofia’s Greek goddess, ethereal waves. To create the look, Oscar primed Sofia’s wet hair with Oscar Blandi Volumizing Spray then blow-dried it and pined pieces around the crown of her head and the nape of her neck. Oscar used a medium barrel curling iron to create soft waves and finished the look with Oscar Blandi Lacca Hairspray.
Gabourey Sidibe, Golden Globe nominee for her lead role in the movie Precious, partnered with Bobbi Brown to create her Golden Globe glow.
Step 5: Apply Chocolate Lip Gloss to lips.
Step 7: Use Eye Shader Brush to apply Toast Eye Shadow as a base color all over lid. Use Black Plum Shimmer Eye Shadow all over lower lid with Eye Shadow Brush. Using your Ultra Fine Liner Brush to line with Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Liner.
Step 8: Apply your favorite pair of false lashes. Application tip: Apply Extreme Party Mascara to make lashes fuller.
Quote from Bobbi about the look: “I wanted Gabourey to look pretty powerful, but still like herself, so I gave her glowing skin and modern, sexy eyes. She doesn’t need a lot of makeup, so we added some sparkle shadow, lashes and color to her lips and cheeks, and she was perfect. I love this look because she has a natural glow and looks like the prettiest version of herself.”
“Her dress choice was a beautiful pastel peach with silver. I didn’t want the look to fight with her gown. The final look is chic and seamless, with a earthy colored smokey eye and glowing skin.”
Below is Kristofer’s step-by-step recipe to recreate Christina’s look:
* Apply the vanilla side of India Song Duo Eyeshadow as a base, over the entire lid and up to eyebrow.
* Next, use the shimmering walnut shade of India Song Duo Eyeshadow and apply to the outer corner and under the bottom lash line.
* Then, use the warm rich brown side of Cordura Duo Eyeshadow just under eye rubbing into the lower lash line to create smokey eye.
* Curl the eyelashes and apply a coat of Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara to top and bottom lashes, following with 2 coats of Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara for full lashes.
* Take Nuits Blanches Eyeliner Stylo and dot in between individual lashes.
Kristofer’s tip: “I used the Push Eyeliner Brush to blend the eyeliner in between the lashes, which helped to apply just enough without looking to heavy.”
Kristofer’s tip: “Applying a sheer pink gloss on top of a nude colored lip provides a nice modern pop of color.”
* Generously apply Orgasm Illuminator (new for Spring 2010) to cheekbones, décolletage, and shoulders for an all over glow.
* Use Malaysia Multiple Bronzer to contour cheeks by blending under cheekbones.
* Apply the Mata Hari Blush to the apple of cheeks and lightly tap on brow bone.
Kristoper’s tip: “Lightly dusting a blush on the brow bone gives life to the eye and melds the whole look together.”
* Next, with short, back and forth quick strokes use Nico Blush to highlight cheekbones.
“Julianna has such beautiful skin and a gorgeous beaming smile, that I wanted to keep the colors subdued and let her natural skin tone shine through,” said Kristofer Buckle for NARS Cosmetics. “I didn’t want to use too much color because it might have taken away from her. I wanted it to be all about Julianna so I focused on highlighting her skin by encouraging shine and glow.”
Below, Kristofer shares his step-by-step to recreate Julianna’s look:
* Using fingers apply Orgasm Illuminator (NEW for Spring 2010) down the center of the nose, across cheekbones, and on the apples of the cheeks.
* Apply Firming Foundation all over face, mixing in with the Orgasm Illuminator.
* Re-apply Orgasm Illuminator over the entire complexion to encourage shine.
Kristofer’s tip: “I used the Flat Concealer Brush to apply the Orgasm Illuminator on top of the foundation creating high gleam.”
* Apply both sides of Cordura Duo Eyeshadow into the crease and all over the eyelid.
* Dab the sooty dark brown side of Cordura Duo Eyeshadow on the outer part of the eye.
Kristofer’s tip: “I love the shimmering iridescent in this eyeshadow. A metallic iridescence softens the smokiness of an eye allowing it to look like it is part of the skin rather than looking gothic.”
* Next, use the sable shade from Brousse Duo Eyeshadow and lightly dust under lower lash line.
* Then, lightly tap Orgasm Illuminator on the inside corner of the eye.
* Curl the eyelashes and apply Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara.
Kristofer’s tip: “I love this soft pink, it adds just the right amount of color.”
* Dust Super Orgasm Blush onto the apples of cheeks.
* Blend Orgasm Illuminator all over neck and décolletage.
Previous 1 … 13 14 15 16 17 … 74 Next