Archive of ‘Celebrities’ category
For the world premiere event of the highly-anticipated Sherlock Holmes movie, Sebastian Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin styled actress Rachel McAdams‘ tresses to complement her Grecian-inspired gown for a red carpet look that radiated grace and glam. All eyes were on Sherlock’s leading lady’s asymmetrical, loosely textured side braid.
Thomas shares styling tips for recreating Rachel’s red carpet look at home:
1) Start by applying a volumizing product like Sebastian Professional Texturizer to wet hair. Blow dry in sections, and pin each section in medium and large sized Velcro rollers throughout whole head and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
2) Allow to cool then take down rollers, and spray hair with a dry shampoo for added texture.
3) Emulsify a small dab of Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber between palms and run through top of hair. Backcomb front section and manipulate for height and volume. Secure with pins.
4) French braid bottom half of hair starting behind left ear and pin random remaining pieces into braid for haphazard, playful positioning.
5) Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce for tousled movement and controlled hold.
I have issues with children sporting grown-up hairstyles. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for children expressing their individuality – but when I see toddlers and young kids with over-styled hair, I can’t help but feel that it’s the wackadoo parents expressing themselves through their offspring.
So when I saw photos of Will, Jada and their brood at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert, I threw up my hands. Jaden’s untamed afro appears that it might swallow his head whole, but he’s 11 and that’s the kind of style the kids are into right now. Willow’s hair, on the other hand, is a whole nuther story.
I don’t care who the parents are…no 9-year-old should have a Rihanna haircut. I don’t know what Jada was thinking to let someone shave half of her baby’s head. That poor child is gonna have one hell of a time growing that mess out. You would have thought Jada would have learned something from Cassie’s tress transgressions.
What are your thoughts on minors with major hairstyles?
US Weekly‘s Beauty Editor, Gwen Flamberg, demonstrates how to replicate a Rihanna-inspired makeup look that will have you turning heads at all of your holiday shindigs.
Yesterday, Nicole Richie popped by the Cosa Mesa Bloomingdale’s to promote holiday pieces from her House of Harlow 1960 jewelry line – and debuted a brunette do.
After the event, Nicole tweeted “OH! & P.S. I went brunette. I feel smarter already.”
Previous 1 … 17 18 19 20 21 … 74 Next