Gabourey Sidibe, Golden Globe nominee for her lead role in the movie Precious, partnered with Bobbi Brown to create her Golden Globe glow.
Step 2: Apply Chestnut Concealer under eye. Use Concealer Brush to get an even application.
Step 3: Apply Oil-Free Compact Foundation in Chestnut with a sponge and/or Foundation Brush.
Step 4: Use Blush Brush to apply Poppy Blush and Flame Shimmer Blush to cheeks. Application tip: smile and apply from apple of the cheek up to hair line and blend.
Step 5: Apply Chocolate Lip Gloss to lips.
Step 6: Use Brow Brush to apply Mahogany Eye Shadow to fill in brows and give definition.
Step 7: Use Eye Shader Brush to apply Toast Eye Shadow as a base color all over lid. Use Black Plum Shimmer Eye Shadow all over lower lid with Eye Shadow Brush. Using your Ultra Fine Liner Brush to line with Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Liner.
Step 8: Apply your favorite pair of false lashes. Application tip: Apply Extreme Party Mascara to make lashes fuller.
Quote from Bobbi about the look: “I wanted Gabourey to look pretty powerful, but still like herself, so I gave her glowing skin and modern, sexy eyes. She doesn’t need a lot of makeup, so we added some sparkle shadow, lashes and color to her lips and cheeks, and she was perfect. I love this look because she has a natural glow and looks like the prettiest version of herself.”
“I wanted to create a soft natural look on Christina to compliment her gown and new haircut,” said Kristofer Buckle for NARS Cosmetics.
“Her dress choice was a beautiful pastel peach with silver. I didn’t want the look to fight with her gown. The final look is chic and seamless, with a earthy colored smokey eye and glowing skin.”
Below is Kristofer’s step-by-step recipe to recreate Christina’s look:
* Use the Balancing Moisture Lotion and apply the Makeup Primer as a base.
* Apply Firming Foundation and set with Pressed Powder.
* Apply the vanilla side of India Song Duo Eyeshadow as a base, over the entire lid and up to eyebrow.
* Next, use the shimmering walnut shade of India Song Duo Eyeshadow and apply to the outer corner and under the bottom lash line.
* Then, use the warm rich brown side of Cordura Duo Eyeshadow just under eye rubbing into the lower lash line to create smokey eye.
* Curl the eyelashes and apply a coat of Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara to top and bottom lashes, following with 2 coats of Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara for full lashes.
* Take Nuits Blanches Eyeliner Stylo and dot in between individual lashes.
Kristofer’s tip: “I used the Push Eyeliner Brush to blend the eyeliner in between the lashes, which helped to apply just enough without looking to heavy.”
* Use the Fantasia Lipliner Pencil and Niagara Lipstick.
* Next, apply Easy Lover Lip Gloss (new for Spring 2010) over.
Kristofer’s tip: “Applying a sheer pink gloss on top of a nude colored lip provides a nice modern pop of color.”
* Generously apply Orgasm Illuminator (new for Spring 2010) to cheekbones, décolletage, and shoulders for an all over glow.
* Use Malaysia Multiple Bronzer to contour cheeks by blending under cheekbones.
* Apply the Mata Hari Blush to the apple of cheeks and lightly tap on brow bone.
Kristoper’s tip: “Lightly dusting a blush on the brow bone gives life to the eye and melds the whole look together.”
* Next, with short, back and forth quick strokes use Nico Blush to highlight cheekbones.
“Julianna has such beautiful skin and a gorgeous beaming smile, that I wanted to keep the colors subdued and let her natural skin tone shine through,” said Kristofer Buckle for NARS Cosmetics. “I didn’t want to use too much color because it might have taken away from her. I wanted it to be all about Julianna so I focused on highlighting her skin by encouraging shine and glow.”
Below, Kristofer shares his step-by-step to recreate Julianna’s look:
* Using fingers apply Orgasm Illuminator (NEW for Spring 2010) down the center of the nose, across cheekbones, and on the apples of the cheeks.
* Apply Firming Foundation all over face, mixing in with the Orgasm Illuminator.
* Re-apply Orgasm Illuminator over the entire complexion to encourage shine.
Kristofer’s tip: “I used the Flat Concealer Brush to apply the Orgasm Illuminator on top of the foundation creating high gleam.”
* Apply both sides of Cordura Duo Eyeshadow into the crease and all over the eyelid.
* Dab the sooty dark brown side of Cordura Duo Eyeshadow on the outer part of the eye.
Kristofer’s tip: “I love the shimmering iridescent in this eyeshadow. A metallic iridescence softens the smokiness of an eye allowing it to look like it is part of the skin rather than looking gothic.”
* Next, use the sable shade from Brousse Duo Eyeshadow and lightly dust under lower lash line.
* Then, lightly tap Orgasm Illuminator on the inside corner of the eye.
* Curl the eyelashes and apply Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara.
* Apply Cruising Lipstick (new for Spring 2010).
* Next, layer Ophelia Lip Gloss (new for Spring 2010) over the lipstick.
Kristofer’s tip: “I love this soft pink, it adds just the right amount of color.”
* Dust Super Orgasm Blush onto the apples of cheeks.
* Blend Orgasm Illuminator all over neck and décolletage.
Carey Mulligan, star of An Education and Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama nominee revealed a classic beauty look created by MAC Cosmetics’ Director of Makeup Artistry, Gregory Arlt, to the 67th annual Golden Globe Awards.
“My inspiration for Carey’s look for the Golden Globes was pure English Rose! I wanted to keep the skin luminous and cool with a sweet pink cheek, the eyes soft yet defined with gray metallic shadows, and the lips a ‘just bitten’ berry stain.” -Gregory Arlt
Gregory used the following products…
Foundation: Face and Body in C2 mixed with a drop of Care Blends Essential Oils and Strobe Liquid (for a luminous glow)
Powder: Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium
Upper cheek highlight: Cream Colour Base in Pearl
Blush: Powder Blush in Well Dressed
Brow Highlight: Eye Shadow in Phloof!
Crease: Eye Shadow in Copperplate
Lids: Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe
Outer corners: Eye Shadow in Print
Upper liner: Eye Shadow in Print and Eye Shadow in Carbon
Mascara: Splashproof Lash in Blacksplash (upper lashes only)
Gregory created a custom lip balm/stain for Carey. He mixed ½ a drop of rose and mint oils into Lip Conditioner with a drop of PRO Lipmix in Crimson, PRO Lipmix in Burgundy and a ¼ drop of PRO Lipmix in Black to create the perfect berry stain. To get the look at home you can use Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 in Plum Perfect.