A few days ago, Kim Kardashian tweeted:
“Were shooting our ad campaign today 4 our new GLAM line of nail polish for Nicole by OPI. You guys are gonna faint when u see our new polish”
By we, I’m assuming Kim is referring to her partners in krime: Khloe and Kourtney. (more…)
I’m quite smitten with the fuchsia lip actress Emma Stone rocked at Monday’s Conde Nast Traveler Hot List Party. According to usmagazine.com, “Makeup artist Mai Quynh custom-blended the color using Mark Pro Glimmer Lip Powder in Punk and Mark Glow Baby Glow Lip Gloss in Girly Girl.”
Stone’s flawless skin and bold, black liner help her pout to pop.
Pretty in pink….isn’t she?
For Marisa Tomei’s gorgeous red carpet look, makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen worked exclusively with Anastasia Beverly Hills product.
Matthew took the Anastasia Highlighting Crème Duo in St Tropez dipped into the crème blush and applied it in gentle back and forth sweeps across Marisa’s smiling cheeks. (Pro tip: smiling makes the job mistake proof, because it helps the blush go where it’s supposed to). Using the same brush, Matthew dipped into the highlighting crème and brushed the tops of the lips and nose with the illuminating fluid. The skin was “so translucent and smooth looking!”
Turning to brows, Matthew filled and shaped Marisa’s with Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Brunette and created a few feathery strokes in the brow and to define the bottom edge of the brow. Matthew then took Anastasia Brow Duality Pencil and placed a bit of the matte highlighter just at the arch of the brow. The total effect is ultra defined and crisp brows that perfectly frame the face.
Moving to the eyes, Matthew took Anastasia Illumin8 Eye Shadow Palette 1 and dusted the soft pink sorbet shadow all over the eye to brighten and tone the skin. Matthew raved that “the shadow is so smoothing and imparts a modern velvety texture.” Then Matthew took Illumin8 palette 3 and blended the mauve shade into the crease “to create the perfect shade of orchid.” Next, Matthew lined the eye with a thin line of black pencil and smudged the sparkly blue/black shadow from Illumin8 palette #3 into the lashline to create a softer, smokey eyeline.
The eye makeup was finished by curling the lashes and applying two coats of Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara, which Matthew says “has reached cult status with many of my clients…it’s incredible.”
Finally to finish Marisa’s stunning look, Matthew applied Anastasia Hydrafull Lip Gloss in Sangria, a gorgeous soft amethyst berry shade.
Duffy for Frederic Fekkai styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Scarlett Johansson.
INSPIRATION: Duffy sought to bring out “the real Scarlett Johansson” by creating a young, sexy, modern shag with dry texture.
1. Begin by applying Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume™ Styling Whip to towel-dried hair, working the product in from roots to ends.
2. Dry hair using Fekkai Classic Brush to create loose, tousled waves for the textured effect.
3. Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Lifting Hairspray to roots to prep the foundation
4. At the nape of the neck, spritz hair with Fekkai Coiff™ Océanique Tousled Wave Spray.
5. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron wrap 2-3 inch sections of hair around the barrel of the iron, leaving ends out. Continue to repeat this act.
6. Take a hairdryer with nozzle attachment and blast the root of the hair for hold and volume.
7. Run fingers through the hair to break-up the waves.
8. Clamp the ends with a flat iron to flatten the curl, creating an imperfect, sleeker wave.
9. Finish the style with Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to give a modern, edgy look.
Johansson’s Make Up Artist accentuated the star’s breathtaking beauty exclusively with products from the Dolce & Gabbana range.
He focused on eyes, shading and outlining them using The Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Stromboli 130, applying the darkest color close to the lash line on the lid and beneath the eye line. He then used the copper and bronze hues at the crease of her eye and highlighted the inner corner with a smudge of the golden tone from the palette. He finished the eyes with a sweep of The Crayon Intense Eyeliner in Gold 3 and several coats of The Volumized Lashes Mascara in Black 1 for volume and definition. For a effortless, natural glamour, he used The Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Candy 80 on Scarlett’s lips. A light dusting of The Illuminator in Eva 3 completed the look.
Speaking about the star’s glamorous look for the evening, her personal Make Up Artist said: “Scarlett was simply stunning in tones of gold and copper, offset with a sheer pink to accentuate her lips. She looked the epitome of the modern movie star.”
Frederic Fekkai‘s Renato Campora styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Reese Witherspoon.
INSPIRATION: To compliment her gown, Renato channeled a mod-60’s high ponytail over combined with the top glamour.
1. Create the foundation for the style by applying Fekkai Coiff™ Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel and the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless™ Smooth Finish Serum.
2. Blow-dry hair with the Fekkai Large Round Brush to enhance fullness and volume.
3. Divide the hair into two sections.
4. Using a 1 ½ curling iron create movement and volume on the bottom layer.
5. Tease the roots of the top section to create the volume.
6. Finish the look by spraying Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to secure the silhouette and shape of the style.
All products available at Fekkai.com, ULTA.com, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Cate Blanchett, who presented the award for best makeup at the 83rd annual Academy Awards is known for her flawless complexion.
When you have flawless skin like Cate, you don’t need much makeup. To get her award-winning look, the actress prepped her skin with SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and SK-II Facial Treatment Masks, both of which contain the highest concentration of SK-II’s key ingredient, Pitera®.
Facial Treatment Essence, which helps promote radiant skin, is a simple step easy to incorporate into any skincare ritual. Used both day and night, it restores skin’s natural surface cycle. “SK-II is fundamentally different from other lines based on one indispensable product – the Facial Treatment Essence,” Cate says. “It is like nothing I have ever used before, a clear liquid that you simply press into your skin. It clarifies and moisturizes. It basically does it all. As a result, my skin looks more balanced and healthy.”
Facial Treatment Mask is a deeply intensive, moisture-boosting mask that hydrates the skin with Pitera® to promote more radiant and smoother skin. Cate says, “I use a Facial Treatment Mask to immediately brighten my complexion with a surge of Pitera® – it’s so refreshing and leaves my skin feeling rejuvenated.”
This dynamic duo intensely moisturizes the skin, resulting in a stunning luminous glow even before makeup is applied.
Giuliana Rancic’s hairstylist is sharing the exclusive step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the E! host’s gorgeous look using Alterna products:
• Apply Alterna’s Bamboo Smooth Kendi Pure Treatment Oil ($24) to damp hair and blow-dry straight.
• Add additional texture with a 1″ iron by wrapping small sections of the hair away from the face to create “beach-like” texture.
• Gather the hair into a high ponytail leaving a little height in the front and pulling the sides tighter. Secure with an elastic band.
• Lightly tease the ponytail into a textured poof.
• Create a large bun and secure with French bobby pins. This look is inspired by YSL’s Fall 2010 fashion show.
• Finish with Alterna’s Caviar Working Hairspray ($26) and follow with Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Mist Oil ($24) to add extra shine.
Get a free deluxe sample of Alterna’s Bamboo Kendi Pure Treatment Oil at Ulta while supplies last. Just go to the counter and ask!
Jennifer Aniston debuted a new do while promoting her new comedy “Just Go With It” in Madrid. I love a lob (long bob) – as you can tell from my updated Twitter avatar…it’s my signature style. But I’m not digging it on Jen. Is it just me or does it make her look older? She looks tired, right? Perhaps the the lighter blond is washing her out a bit. I think a little lipstick would have helped to sell me on this new look.
I’ve heard time and time again that “women of a certain age” should wear their hair shorter…well, if this doesn’t disprove that myth, I don’t know what does.
This haircut probably seemed like a fun idea at the time, but I predict that Jen will soon regret it (kinda like her fling with John Douchebag Mayer).
What do you think? Does Jen’s new cut make the cut?
I’m no dummy. I realize that all fashion magazines dabble in the evil art of airbrushing, but the latest cover of Allure Magazine is on another level. That doesn’t even look like Jennifer Aniston. In fact, it doesn’t even look entirely human!
Tell me – what’s the point of putting a beautiful and easily recognizable celebrity on your cover if you’re going to alter her picture to the point where people can’t recognize her?
It’s a Monster collaboration: Pink 4 Friday by MAC Cosmetics and Nicki Minaj.
The Trinidadian hip-hop diva has personally designed a limited edition MAC Lipstick, Pink Friday, to celebrate the release of her highly anticipated debut album of the same name. Putting her trademark barbz glamour twist on a bright, creamy pink satin formula, Nicki says, “MAC’s Pink Nouveau was my favourite lipstick for years, but it’s all about Pink Friday!”
Nicki’s exclusive shade will only be available for purchase four Fridays beginning Friday, November 26, 2010, while supplies last, only at maccosmetics.com.
Available FRIDAYS November 26, December 3, December 10, and December 17, 2010.