Frederic Fekkai‘s Renato Campora styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Reese Witherspoon.
INSPIRATION: To compliment her gown, Renato channeled a mod-60’s high ponytail over combined with the top glamour.
1. Create the foundation for the style by applying Fekkai Coiff™ Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel and the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless™ Smooth Finish Serum.
2. Blow-dry hair with the Fekkai Large Round Brush to enhance fullness and volume.
3. Divide the hair into two sections.
4. Using a 1 ½ curling iron create movement and volume on the bottom layer.
5. Tease the roots of the top section to create the volume.
6. Finish the look by spraying Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to secure the silhouette and shape of the style.
All products available at Fekkai.com, ULTA.com, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Cate Blanchett, who presented the award for best makeup at the 83rd annual Academy Awards is known for her flawless complexion.
When you have flawless skin like Cate, you don’t need much makeup. To get her award-winning look, the actress prepped her skin with SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and SK-II Facial Treatment Masks, both of which contain the highest concentration of SK-II’s key ingredient, Pitera®.
Facial Treatment Essence, which helps promote radiant skin, is a simple step easy to incorporate into any skincare ritual. Used both day and night, it restores skin’s natural surface cycle. “SK-II is fundamentally different from other lines based on one indispensable product – the Facial Treatment Essence,” Cate says. “It is like nothing I have ever used before, a clear liquid that you simply press into your skin. It clarifies and moisturizes. It basically does it all. As a result, my skin looks more balanced and healthy.”
Facial Treatment Mask is a deeply intensive, moisture-boosting mask that hydrates the skin with Pitera® to promote more radiant and smoother skin. Cate says, “I use a Facial Treatment Mask to immediately brighten my complexion with a surge of Pitera® – it’s so refreshing and leaves my skin feeling rejuvenated.”
This dynamic duo intensely moisturizes the skin, resulting in a stunning luminous glow even before makeup is applied.
Giuliana Rancic’s hairstylist is sharing the exclusive step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the E! host’s gorgeous look using Alterna products:
• Apply Alterna’s Bamboo Smooth Kendi Pure Treatment Oil ($24) to damp hair and blow-dry straight.
• Add additional texture with a 1″ iron by wrapping small sections of the hair away from the face to create “beach-like” texture.
• Gather the hair into a high ponytail leaving a little height in the front and pulling the sides tighter. Secure with an elastic band.
• Lightly tease the ponytail into a textured poof.
• Create a large bun and secure with French bobby pins. This look is inspired by YSL’s Fall 2010 fashion show.
• Finish with Alterna’s Caviar Working Hairspray ($26) and follow with Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Mist Oil ($24) to add extra shine.
Get a free deluxe sample of Alterna’s Bamboo Kendi Pure Treatment Oil at Ulta while supplies last. Just go to the counter and ask!
Jennifer Aniston debuted a new do while promoting her new comedy “Just Go With It” in Madrid. I love a lob (long bob) – as you can tell from my updated Twitter avatar…it’s my signature style. But I’m not digging it on Jen. Is it just me or does it make her look older? She looks tired, right? Perhaps the the lighter blond is washing her out a bit. I think a little lipstick would have helped to sell me on this new look.
I’ve heard time and time again that “women of a certain age” should wear their hair shorter…well, if this doesn’t disprove that myth, I don’t know what does.
This haircut probably seemed like a fun idea at the time, but I predict that Jen will soon regret it (kinda like her fling with John Douchebag Mayer).
What do you think? Does Jen’s new cut make the cut?
I’m no dummy. I realize that all fashion magazines dabble in the evil art of airbrushing, but the latest cover of Allure Magazine is on another level. That doesn’t even look like Jennifer Aniston. In fact, it doesn’t even look entirely human!
Tell me – what’s the point of putting a beautiful and easily recognizable celebrity on your cover if you’re going to alter her picture to the point where people can’t recognize her?
It’s a Monster collaboration: Pink 4 Friday by MAC Cosmetics and Nicki Minaj.
The Trinidadian hip-hop diva has personally designed a limited edition MAC Lipstick, Pink Friday, to celebrate the release of her highly anticipated debut album of the same name. Putting her trademark barbz glamour twist on a bright, creamy pink satin formula, Nicki says, “MAC’s Pink Nouveau was my favourite lipstick for years, but it’s all about Pink Friday!”
Nicki’s exclusive shade will only be available for purchase four Fridays beginning Friday, November 26, 2010, while supplies last, only at maccosmetics.com.
Available FRIDAYS November 26, December 3, December 10, and December 17, 2010.