Right now, save up to 75% on those products you’ve been eyeing up at Sephora. Here’s just a few of the ways you can make out like a bandit:
I’m in the Pacific Northwest visiting with the in-laws. I’d like to give a shout out to Steve, Laura, Matt, Maddy and baby Clara for being so warm and hospitable, and for making my first Christmas away from home so lovely.
So today, Mr. Spoiled Pretty and I braved the snow and ventured to River Park Square , a shopping center in the heart of downtown Spokane. Graham left me unattended in Nordstrom for about 10 minutes, then called me on my cell to say that he was finished his Christmas shopping. How do men do that? I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.
Realizing that he’d have to humor me before I would willingly leave the mall, Graham accompanied me to Banana Republic and a few other shops – including Chatters, a salon and beauty retail store. I was drawn to the unfamiliar store by a very recognizable pink and white dispay…
If you’re nowhere near Spokane or prefer to shop in your jammies, don’t fret. Get these fab deals online.
It’s that time of year when we all get so busy with the holidays that we forget to appreciate the little things that make us smile. Little things like being with family and friends, all the good food, and the laughter and love that comes along with the holidays. It’s easy to lose sight of these things during this very hurried time of year. At Jaqua, they believe it is okay to slow down, stop and smell the roses, take some time to appreciate their beauty, remind ourselves how lucky we are and let the people in our lives know how much we appreciate them.
They also want to let you know how much they appreciate you, so in honor of the little things in life, they’re giving you 25% off their Hand Crèmes. These deliciously fragranced hand crèmes are just the right size to take anywhere. They’re small enough to carry in your purse, gym bag, or glove box – and at just 2 oz. they can even get through airport security! They make great stocking stuffers…and at 25% off, you can get them for all those family members and friends you appreciate so much (and snag one for yourself).
Enter promotion code APPRE11A at checkout. Offer ends on 12/24/08.
MAC is offering 25% off two of their limited-edition holiday kits. Go get you some at maccosmetics.com.
Enchanting Vermillion: 5 Basic Brush Set
Medium-sized red-orange patent brush canister with wine satin stripes. Includes five professional brushes featuring red gloss handles and a black MAC logo: the 129SE, 219SE, 239SE, 266SE and the 316SE. Limited edition.
Charming Garnet Glamour Basics
A wine satin zip-around wallet with red-orange patent stripes. Includes regular-sized iridescent powder in Belightful, and Slimshine lipcolour in Bare. Features a mini Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack along with the 181SE Mini Buffer Brush. Limited edition.
Use promo code KMF50 at checkout.
Bobbi Brown is excited to announce their first ever Friends and Family Sale from December 2nd to 3rd! Shop online at bobbibrown.com and get 20% off your order, plus free standard shipping. Best of all, the proceeds from your purchase will help support Bobbi Brown’s donation of $10,000 to Dress for Success.
As you may know, Gisele Bundchen is the new face of MAX Factor and to kick off this partnership, for a limited time only, MAX Factor is running a pretty cool promotion including all of Gisele’s favorite MAX Factor products.
The exclusive package includes:
· Lipfinity 3D Lipcolor in 80’s Pink
· MAXeye Liner in Fresh Coffee
· Vivid Impact Eye Shadow in Domino Effect
· Volume Couture in Black Brown
These four products can be purchased as a bundle from maxfactor.com at 50% off retail price – with a complementary makeup bag and free shipping! The cost is only $20 (plus tax)!
To achieve the Gisele look, you obv need the tools (see aforementioned products). But you also need the technique…application is a key factor. Get it? Factor?!? I should just quit this blog and start doing standup.
Here are a few pro tips, courtesy of MAX Factor celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey:
For a daytime high impact eye:
· Start by lining the upper and lower lash lines with MAXeye Liner in Fresh Coffee. Dot the eye liner in the inner lash lines to create high impact and high drama. Use your finger to smudge the liner on the upper and lower lash lines to create a smoldering effect. Don’t worry about smudging the liner too much; a little bit of “messiness” creates a sexier eye.
· Liven up lashes by applying one coat of Lash Perfection Volume Couture Mascara in Black Brown on the upper and lower lashes.
For a smoky eye:
· For a twist on the smoky-eye, create a look that’s all your own by blending your favorite shades of shadow to create a customized hybrid. Shades I have found universally flattering are grays and lavenders.
· Start by mixing together the charcoal colored end of Vivid Impact Eye Shadows in Domino Effect with the purple shade in Vivid Impact Eye Shadows Sultry Sage for a smoky plum shade. Using an eye shadow brush, work the shadow all the way from the lash line to the brow bone, blending the pigment with your finger towards when nearing the brow to create a dramatic eye look.
· Liven up lashes by generously applying Lash Perfection Volume Couture Mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
· Keep the face flawless and lip simple so as not to overpower the vivid eye: Apply ColorGenius Pressed Powder, in a shade that compliments your skin tone, to minimize any shininess. If you desire a little extra color, work a light blush into the cheeks such as ColorGenius Pressed Powder in Peaches. Circle the product with a large round brush onto the apples of the cheeks and brush up towards the temples.
· Finish with a light pink gloss, such as MAXalicious Gloss in First Kiss for barely-there glossy lips.
For a bright pink lip:
· For a beautiful and eye catching look for day and night, try using Lipfinity 3D in 80s Pink with just two coats of mascara, such as Lash Perfection Volume Couture Mascara in Black Brown, on curled lashes. This creates sophisticated beauty looks with not a lot of makeup.
· In the Fall and Winter, a bold lip hue can brighten your complexion instantly!