If you’re in the Philadelphia area, you won’t want to miss this FREE fitness class hosted by the Nordstrom store in KOP – taught by local fitness expert Christina Stoltz!
Fashion and Fitness at Nordstrom with Christina Stoltz
Nordstrom has partnered with famed fitness guru and owner of Ploome, Christina Stoltz to promote an active lifestyle! Christina will be at Nordstrom The Plaza at King of Prussia to host an awesome Ploome work out class – voted Best Workout of 2012 by Philadelphia Magazine. Christina and her fellow instructors will demo the famous class in style showing off the fashionable side of fitness with Zella!
While being addictively comfortable and completely affordable, Zella fitness gear features figure-flattering design elements that make it easy to amp up your workout routine and stay perfectly on-trend. Nordstrom Active Specialists will be on hand following the workout to help you find the look that best suits your fitness routine. Any customers that try on Zella will be entered to win some fabulous fitness prizes. Plus, receive a complimentary class at Ploome with your $50 in-store Zella purchase.
WHEN: Saturday, September 8, 2012 – 2 to 5:00 p.m.
This Saturday May 19th LOFT is celebrating summer with “The Now Style Event” at all of their retail stores. Receive 30% off your purchase ALL DAY, a free summer tote with your purchase of $75 or more….PLUS they’ll be giving away a $50 gift card every hour from 12-5pm. (more…)
Attention, local ladies. If you’re in the Philadelphia area,here’s an opportunity you won’t want to miss. On Saturday (March 24), makeup artist, Sarah Lucero, will be at the Sephora at the King of Prussia Mall. As Stila’s Global Director of Education, Sarah spends half her time traveling and training Stila’s field team on how to use and sell the latest Stila products. The other half of her time is spent as the lead artist at top fashion shows, helping A-listers like Victoria Beckham and Brooke Shields get red-carpet ready.
From noon until 7:00 p.m., Sarah will be sharing tips and tricks on everything from how to achieve a cat eye swoop to how to best rock a bold lip.
Speaking cat eyes and bold lips, Stila just launched some fabulous new products for Spring that can help you rock those looks. (more…)
Earlier this month, I was lucky enough to attend Mario Dedivanovic’s first NYC makeup workshop.
Mario is one of the most sought-after makeup artists in the world and is the wizard behind Kim Kardashian’s flawless face. His celebrity clientele also includes Natasha Bedingfield, Eliza Dushku, Michelle Williams, Amanda Bynes, Gina Gershon and many others.
Over the course of the five hour seminar, Mario worked his makeup magic, demonstrating how to create a red carpet look – with singer/actress Adrienne Bailon acting as his model. Mario also answered the attendees burning beauty questions, like he does here in his Makeup Mondays with Mario column, and shared his expert techniques. And being the sweetheart that he is, he posed for photos with all of the workshop participants.
That’s me in the back, furiously taking notes.
Strike a pose….there’s nothing to it…VOGUE!
For those of you who didn’t attend, you really missed out. Luckily, I took nine pages of copious notes and here are some gems:
* “Making a client feel comfortable is as important than the quality of the work,” Mario said. “If a client doesn’t feel comfortable, they won’t book you again.”
* Kim Kardashian’s makeup can take up to 2 hours, whereas her sister Kourtney likes her makeup to be done in 20 minutes or less.
* Mario’s favorite highlighter is one that he custom blended himself. “EYE M GLAM is a sheer highlighting powder that will give you the most gorgeous, golden glow. Using GIELLA mineral pigments, I custom blended EYE M GLAM while sitting on the floor in my apartment one evening, determined to come up with the best highlighter.” Use it under the brows, on cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose and anywhere else you want to define bone structure. Soon, Giella will be releasing Lip Glam – a peachy golden gloss that Mario mixed to be like EYE M GLAM for lips.
* Mario’s favorite liquid eyeliner is MAC Liquid Eye Liner “because it doesn’t dry glossy – it dries matte.”
* When applying powder cosmetics with brushes, don’t pull and drag – it will just smear and ruin your base. Instead, press the bristles into the skin. And don’t load up the brush with product. Less is always best because you can add more, if necessary. If you accidentally apply too much, you may have to wipe it off and start over again.
* For false fringe, Mario and Adrienne both love Ardell’s #116 lashes. Mario told the workshop attendees that the trick to full and lush-looking false lashes is to layer them. On Adrienne, Mario applied a full strip of the #116 lashes; once dry, he layered a half strip of the #116 on the outer corner of each eye. Once the second layer is dry, draw a line of eyeliner at the base of the lashes – to mask the line. Then curl lashes and apply a coat of mascara to “marry” your real lashes with the false ones and make them appear more natural.
* When applying concealer under the eyes, Mario takes it to a whole nuther level. Using a brush, he applies a cream concealer (that is 2 shades lighter than your skin tone) under each eye – in the shape of an inverted triangle. The bottom tip of the triangle should be mid-cheek, at the level of your nostril. Then layer a liquid concealer on top of the cream concealer (Mario likes Make Up For Ever Lift Concelaer). Then blend…blend…blend, girl – using the ultimate beauty tool, the beautyblender sponge.
* When you’re finished your makeup, apply MAC Fix+ to set everything. Mario said, “The silicone in it makes all of the makeup look more natural.”
In addition to attending the workshop and learning from the master, I was also a sponsor of the event. I raffled off a basket of Spoiled Pretty faves (you know I love me a giveaway), which included:
* CoSTUME NATIONAL SCENT: SCENT was created to highlight the intoxicating floral of hibiscus. Somewhat light and fresh at first, SCENT gradually makes its way to a rich, golden elixir. Perfect for the well-bred bad boy (or girl)! * ghd Scarlet Collection Limited Edition: Inspired by the bold reds hues and ‘Art Deco’ influence seen on the catwalks of designers such as Gucci, Rodarte and Marc Jacobs, ghd introduces Scarlet Collection Limited Edition. For the first time ever, hot red styling plates adorn the best selling ghd Gold Series Professional Styler, whose signature rounded barrel allows you to easily create curls, waves, flicks or straight looks. Packaged in a luxe, red satin roll mat that doubles as a chic clutch, this limited edition collection is the perfect accessory to keep you and your hair looking stylish. * TEMPTU Limited Edition Everyday Luxury Set: TEMPTU, the worldwide leader in high-definition airbrush makeup, is offering the gift of flawless, A-List skin with the Limited Edition Everyday Luxury Set. This luxurious gift set makes airbrushing at home simple with TEMPTU’s revolutionary technology including the TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System, a gift certificate to receive a free custom match AIRpod Foundation as well as a chic limited edition silver Jet Set Case to stylishly store your collection. * TEMPTU BASE Smooth & Matte Primer: This portable powerhouse creates a poreless finish, diffuses skin’s flaws, and fights shine all day and night! Now you can minimize the look of pores and fine lines and achieve a soft-matte, airbrushed complexion without the heavy, greasy feel traditionally associated with face primers. * LaLicious Sugar Reef Collection: LaLicious introduces their newest scent, Sugar Reef. Infused with notes of casaba melon, white tea and ginger, Sugar Reef encapsulates the clean and fresh aroma of an ocean breeze. This luxurious scrub and body oil are formulated to moisturize and smooth your skin to perfection. Lalicious products are all natural and free of parabens, preservatives and sulfate detergents. * Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color Bundles: Your eye color – intensified! Expert makeup artists have done the thinking for you – picking the right vibrant, long-lasting mineral eye shades to make your eye color pop. Available in Beautiful Brown, Brilliant Blue, Gorgeous Green and Hypnotic Hazel. * Mary Kay TimeWise Miracle Set: Provides incredible age-fighting results to help you maintain younger-looking skin. The set offers 11 age-defying benefits in one skin care regimen: cleanse, exfoliate, freshen, energize, hydrate, smooth, firm, soften, protect, rebuild and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. And it even works with sensitive skin. * Mary Kay TimeWise Night Restore & Recover Complex: Awaken the age-fighting potential of your skin at night and get the most out of your beauty sleep. This advanced age fighter works with your skin’s natural cycle to recover from the day’s damage. So you can wake up to younger-looking skin. * Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss: Kiss your lips with instant moisture, feel-good benefits and serious shine. This gloss is available in 14 gorgeous colors you can’t live without. You’ll love the superlight, long-lasting, creamy formula and the good-for-your-lips ingredients, like antioxidants and botanical extracts, that leave lips smoothed, protected and conditioned.
Mario picks Anjanet as the winner of the beauty basket raffle!
Many thanks to the aforementioned brands for generously donating products for the giveaway.
Anjanet, the lucky winner, definitely got a workout toting her beauty booty back to the Bronx.
Mario’s workshop was an amazing event and I’m so glad I made the trip to NYC (some people even traveled from other countries to see Mario in person – he’s THAT good). The workshop has received rave reviews. I even taped a few…
It’s the perfect time to learn about winter skincare essentials. Let Nordstrom teach you the latest break-throughs and innovations in advanced skin care, and how to look your radiant, rejuvenated best all season long.
Book your appointment (appointment required) for a one-on-one consultation with our specialists, meet industry experts and receive a personalized skin care regimen to address your individual needs. Plus, let Fragrance Advisors indulge you with luxurious scented creams and lotions for long-lasting fragrance during those winter months!
Receive a gift with your $100 Cosmetics or Fragrance purchase during the event; while supply lasts. This limited-edition green tote was designed by Nordstrom’s National Beauty and Fragrance Director, Cheri Botiz.
Friday and Saturday, January 13th and 14th 11:00 am – 7:00 pm Nordstrom – The Plaza at King of Prussia 190 North Gulph Road King of Prussia, PA 19406-2932 (610) 265-6111
As a beauty expert, I’ve been enlisted by Skillshare to teach a class on – you guessed it – beauty!
The class, Fall Beauty Forecast, is now listed on the Skillshare website – but it is currently in ‘Pilot’ mode. This means that, before I set a date/time/location, I’m waiting to gauge interest in the course.
So if you’re in the Philadelphia area and interested in attending, visit the page and click the eye icon. This lets me know that you want to learn – and will alert you once I’ve set the date.
Here’s the class description:
Want a fresh look for fall? Class is in session for those who, while still sporting shorts and flip flops, want to get a jump start on the upcoming season.
It might seem far away now, but Autumn is just around the corner – prime time to start stocking up on the season’s essential beauty gear. In Fall Beauty Forecast, beauty expert Daneen Baird will share the fiercest fall beauty trends and introduce you to new must-haves – from cosmetics, skin care, hair care, bath and body, fragrance and tools.
Test drive these fabulous fall products before the temperature drops. They’re so hot, these products are sure to raise the mercury a few degrees.
If your makeup bag is so last season, secure your spot at the head of this class.
Note: The Fall Beauty Forecast class will culminate with a beauty basket raffle!
Based on the response to this first class, I might make teaching a regular thing. So stay tuned for more announcements. That is all for now. Class is dismissed.
On Sunday, flash sale site ideeli.com kicked off its first ever “Shoetopia” – a week of shoe sale events, giveaways and more – followed by the launch of the ideeli Shoes Facebook tab on Monday.
Now, even though Shoetopia week is half over (oops, my bad) – there are still opportunities to get your shoe shop on.
Shoetopia Highlights: • “Shoe Pick” of the day: In addition to multiple daily events, ideeli will have a special 1-item shoe pick of the day (June 19th – June 24th). Each day the “it pick” shoe will be given away via Twitter. • “One Shoe Five Ways” Giveaway: ideeli will host a giveaway on Friday June 24th, curated by blogger Anna Bassham of Shoe Smitten. The beautiful and versatile pair of shoes will be styled in five different looks featured on the ideeli Shoes Facebook tab. One lucky winner will receive the pair of shoe featured in Anna’s five styled looks along with a $500 gift card to spend on ideeli. • “Sandalmania” sale: ideeli will host a blow-out sandal event to end Shoetopia week on Friday, June 24th at 12pm ET
ideeli Shoes Facebook Highlights: 1. Toe-to-Toe: The ultimate shoe style face-off. ideeli puts two shoes in the ring, and you vote on your favorite. 2. Shoe Candy: A series of editorial features that showcase what’s hot – and what’s not! – in shoes. From fall trends to celebrity shoe looks-for-less, ideeli’s editorial team will cover it all. 3. ideeli Shoe Sale RSS Feed: Stay on top of the latest shoe sales with the ideeli RSS shoe sale feed, featuring up-to-the-minute deals from the site. Click on “Buy Now” and go direct from browsing to buying. 4. The Shoe 411: Your daily shoe snapshot, highlighting fun tips, trend updates, and some of our favorite shoe maven style quotes.
Ideeli membership is free…click here for an invite, courtesy of Spoiled Pretty.
John Frieda International Creative Consultant HARRY JOSH will be hosting a live 30-minute interactive Webcast THIS WEDNESDAY (June 8th) at 6pm EST.
During the Damage Control Live Webcast, Harry will reveal how to practice safe styling with the John Frieda Full Repair Collection by not only reversing the look and feel of overworked hair, but also shielding hair from the effects of overstyling.
Simply sign up for the webcast via the Facebook link below or through the John Frieda website, and submit a question that you would like to see Harry answer during the webcast. By doing this, you will automatically receive one full-size product from the collection!
Additionally, Harry will provide a special code during the webcast that participants can use to enter to win the grand prize – a trip to New York and a haircut/style with Harry!
Date: Wednesday, June 8th Time: 6pm – 6:30pm EST Login: Facebook