South Moon Under is having a Genetic Denim Trunk Show this Thursday, October 22 at their Center City Philadelphia store (1731 Chestnut Street).
And right now, South Moon Under is also offering 20% off all denim purchases in-store (locations in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia) AND on their website – southmoonunder.com. Use promo code is DENIM20.
On Saturday, I attended the master makeup class I told y’all about. Mama Spoiled Pretty and I headed to Bloomingdale’s at the Willow Grove Mall to participate in Studio Talk, “the easiest, most intuitive and entertaining way to discover key makeup applications used by MAC artists.”
In this particular session, instructors Jesse (who has made up the fierce faces of Estelle and the
Christina Aguilera as previous clients) and Jocelyn (who led my last Studio Talk class
) taught us how to recreate this season’s hottest makeup trends. Jesse demonstrated an ‘on-trend eye’ look, with blue smoky shadow and a pale lip – while Jocelyn demonstrated an ‘on-trend lip’ look – complete with a geometric bronze eye and red glossy lip. Mama Spoiled Pretty and I opted for the latter, and we had fantastic results – if I do say so myself.
Here’s how it’s done:
1) Mist the face with Fix+, an aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi.
2) Apply moisturizer using 190 Foundation Brush.
3) Using the 190 Foundation Brush, apply Prep + Prime Skin to entire face; this product acts like double stick tape for your face, so foundation lasts longer than a hot minute.
4) Using a synthetic eye shadow brush like the 242 Shader Brush, apply Paint Pot in Painterly to the eye – from lashline to brow bone. Paint Pots are an excellent shadow, but also do double duty by preventing creasing and acting as a lid primer to prevent shadow slippage.
5) Apply brown eye shadow to lid, from lash line to crease, with the same brush from step 4; I used Mulch Eye Shadow (red-brown w/bronze pearl), which I later purchased. It’s that gorgeous.
6) Using the 219 Pencil Brush (another product I purchased post class), apply gold eye shadow to the lash line, starting at the inner corner and working your way half-way along the top and bottom lash line.
7) Line the eye – in short straight strokes – with Technakohl Liner in Graphblack (rich graphic black) along the entire top lash line.
8) Starting at the middle of the bottom lash line, line with Graphblack – and line outward.
9) Using the short stroke method, create a sideways V on the outer corner of the eye; so start at the outer corner, draw a few short strokes, horizontally – then continue the strokes upward and inward towards the crease of the eye.
10) Take the 219 Pencil Brush and blend the liner you applied in steps 7-9 and smudge them, softening the line.
11) Next, take a darker brown shadow (I used Embark Eye Shadow
– an intense reddish brown) and, using the 219 Pencil Brush, apply in a sideways V to the outer corner of the eye – on top of where you created the sideways V with the Technakohl Liner.
12) Blend the entire eye using the 224 Tapered Blending Brush
and circular motions – to avoid any harsh lines.
13) To create more depth, Jesse suggested I also apply a black shadow in the same manner as step 11 (I used Carbon – intense matte black). He was absolutely right, as it amped up the smokiness. Afterwards, use the 224 Tapered Blending Brush to blend again.
14) Next, apply foundation to the entire face, using the 190 Foundation Brush from steps 2 and 3. Make sure not to disturb your kick ass eye shadow.
15) Using the same brush, apply concealer directly underneath the eyes.
16) If your face is looking a little dry by this point (mine did), mist your face again with Fix+.
17) Using the 208 Angled Brow Brush
, apply a shadow that is slightly darker than your brows to define them thicken them up. Mistakes are easily corrected with a Q-Tip.
18) Using the 129 Powder/Blush Brush
, apply Mineralize SkinFinish in Cheeky Bronze
(soft golden coral w/ bronze pearl) to cheekbones for a subtle glow that illuminates bone structure when it catches the light; it looks so amazing, I ended up buying this product. Jesse also recommended that you say “Bladow!” when applying it; saying this won’t make it look any better, but it’s hilariously fun.
19) Using the same brush, apply a light dusting of blush (I used Sincere Powder Blush,
a muted beige/coral) to the apples of cheeks and blend outwards.
20) Line lips with Spice Lip Pencil
(pink cinnamon stick) and fill them almost all the way in; leave the center of the bottom lip bare.
21) Using the 316 Lip Brush
, apply Viva Glam VI Lipstick
(terracotta-plum with pearl) to both lips.
22) Using the same brush, apply Viva Glam I Lipstick
(intense brownish blue-red) to the center of lips – both top and bottom.
23) Using the 316 Lip Brush again, apply Dazzleglass in Love Alert
(raspberry red with red pearl) to entire mouth.
24) Finish off the look by applying Prep + Prime Lash
to lashes; and while it’s still wet, top lashes off with two coats of Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack
I’d like to give a shout out to Spoiled Pretty readers/Twitter followers who I had the pleasure of meeting at the event: Felicia, Stephanie, Jackie, Sandy and Libby. You ladies looked ab fab after the class, and I hope you all had a fabulously fun time like me and Mama Spoiled Pretty!
Jesse and model
Jocelyn and model
Libby and Mama Spoiled Pretty
The finished product (I almost forgot to take an ‘after’ photo, so I snapped a few in the car)
Better view of the eyes
Another shot of the eyes – Bladow!
ELLE Editor-in-Chief Roberta Myers, ELLE Beauty Director Emily Dougherty, and Barneys New York invite you to unravel the mystery of perfume! Enjoy a vibrant panel discussion with the following fragrance experts:
Antonia Bellanca, Antonia’s Flowers
Frederic Malle, Editions de Parfums
Ben Gorham, Byredo Parfums
Fabrice Penot, Le Labo
And receive a fabulously fragrant goody bag!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Fred’s restaurant at Barneys New York
Madison & 61st Street
New York, NY
Nibbly bits and coffee to be served.
Kindly RSVP at Barneys.com/ELLE
Space is limited. A $25 attendance fee is redeemable in product.
Earlier this week, I told you about the MAC Master Makeup Class scheduled for October 17th in suburban Philadelphia. Well, it looks like I’m not the only one super psyched to attend…because many of you have called in to reserve your spots.
If you’re interested, but still haven’t made up your mind – act fast, because spots are filling up. There are just a few seats left in the 4pm session (I’ll be there). The 11am class has a bit more room.
See you there?
On Saturday, October 17th, MAC Bloomingdale’s at the Willow Grove Mall is having a special Studio Talk Seminar. MAC makeup artists will be teaching participants how to achieve four hot trends for fall.
It’s a intermediate to advanced level Makeup Master Class and will be held at Bloomingdale’s in a private location, where there will be refreshments. There will be MAC makeup and tools supplied for you to use, and there will be new tips and techniques for you to learn in a fun and creative atmosphere.
I had the opportunity to attend one of these seminars in April, and it was the most fun I’ve ever had putting on makeup. I learned some amazing techniques that I now employ almost daily. Plus, I left the seminar looking like a million bucks.
Classes will be held at 11am & 4pm, and it is a $55 pre-pay in the form of a gift card – which you use afterward the seminar, toward the purchase of products (so the class is basically free).
I will be attending the 4pm seminar, so maybe I’ll see you there?
If you are interested in attending, call my girls at the MAC counter to reserve your seat. And be sure to tell them that Spoiled Pretty sent you.
Bloomingdale’s Willow Grove
2400 W. Moreland Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Clinique is on a national tour to find fresh faces. Will you be one of them?
The Clinique Mobile Beauty Studio (not your average big rig!) is traveling across the country, providing young women with the opportunity to experience star treatment.
Have your makeup and hair done by beauty experts and leave with your own professional headshot! Enter your best pic in the Clinique Fresh Faces Contest for a chance to win.
Shop your favorite Clinique products while a DJ spins the hottest tunes. You can even score some free Clinique treats!
Visit cliniquefreshfaces.com for tour stops, times and event details.
Photo Credit: WireImage.com