John Frieda International Creative Consultant HARRY JOSH will be hosting a live 30-minute interactive Webcast THIS WEDNESDAY (June 8th) at 6pm EST.
During the Damage Control Live Webcast, Harry will reveal how to practice safe styling with the John Frieda Full Repair Collection by not only reversing the look and feel of overworked hair, but also shielding hair from the effects of overstyling.
Simply sign up for the webcast via the Facebook link below or through the John Frieda website, and submit a question that you would like to see Harry answer during the webcast. By doing this, you will automatically receive one full-size product from the collection!
Additionally, Harry will provide a special code during the webcast that participants can use to enter to win the grand prize – a trip to New York and a haircut/style with Harry!
Date: Wednesday, June 8th
Time: 6pm – 6:30pm EST
When I showed up at work last week with a halo of shiny, bouncy curls, all of my co-workers wanted to know which salon I had visited. They were all very surprised when I told them that I styled my own hair – in 10 minutes, no less. They were even more shocked when I told them I didn’t own a curling iron.
So what’s my secret? Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron. It’s a three-in-one straightening, curling and wave making machine. The ultra-smooth, polished plates seals the hair cuticle and easily glide through hair, delivering high shine. The anti-slip edges capture all of the hairs, so that each section gets evenly straightened/waved/curled. The iron has adjustable temperature control that goes up to 450°F – and it heats up to the desired temp in less than 25 seconds – so even when I’m in a rush (which I always am these days), I never have to wait to style my hair.
What’s even better is that, in addition to basic black, it comes in…
The Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron retails for $160 and is available at folica.com. Kinda pricey, I know…but when you consider that this one tool is all you’ll need to style your hair (it’s great for travel!) and how well it performs, you’ll realize that it’s worth the investment. Buy it now and you’ll thank me later.
Rumors have been swirling over what princess-to-be Kate Middleton will be wearing down the aisle this Friday. From the dress to the hair, whatever Kate chooses is sure to become a major wedding trend.
Inspired by the royal family, but suited for palaces and kingdoms near and far, the TIGI Your Highness Collection gives you the perfect tiara-ready coif perfect for royal engagements and, of course, weddings. From crown to tip, give your hair the royal treatment, making sure it befits your next public appearance, whether you are waving from a balcony, taking a ride in your carriage, or off on your Kenyan safari.
The scents and perfumes used in this range are sophisticated and enrapture the senses; Sandalwood, Vanilla and Cashmere deliver sensual aromas while undertones of White Chocolate, Star Jasmine, Lychee and Kiwi add an exotic touch.
Achieve majestic, noticeable hair fit for a princess with the collection’s dynamic style building system that gives any “commoner” the ability to create a high-end, glamorous look.
The collection includes:
* Elevating Shampoo preps hair and gives it body
* Nourishing Conditioner delivers fullness and shine
* Thickening Gel Crème creates thick, luminescent locks
* Root Boost Spray Mousse lifts hair and gives it texture
* Weightless Shine Spray guarantees an illuminating finish
* Firm Hold Hairspray keeps any look in place, while allowing movement
TIGI also created a way to get the royal looks with a variety of different, fun looks for wedding day hair using the TIGI Your Highness Collection.
Want to try TIGI and live happily ever after? Here’s how you can win the entire Your Highness Collection:
Follow me on Twitter (I’m @spoiledpretty), then tweet this message: Follow @spoiledpretty & RT to enter to win TIGI Your Highness Collection of hair products! http://tinyurl.com/43zykhb #giveaway #freebie
The deadline is Friday, April 29th at noon ET. I’ll choose THREE winners - and will DM them to contact me with their mailing address. Contest is open to U.S. residents only. Good luck!
Suave Professionals wants Spoiled Pretty readers to take the “Suave Challenge” to see if you can tell the difference between Suave Professionals products and top salon brands.
As part of the challenge, on Thursday, March 24th, the first 200,000 fans to visit Suave Beauty on Facebook will receive a FREE full-size bottle to see for themselves just how well the new Suave Professionals products perform. You can also take the “Suave Challenge” at CanYouTell.com where the products will be put through virtual hair tests like wind, water, heat and more!
Also, be sure to “Like” Suave Beauty on Facebook and follow @SuaveBeauty on Twitter for the latest information on Suave, hair tips and news from The Suave Professionals.
Duffy for Frederic Fekkai styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Scarlett Johansson.
INSPIRATION: Duffy sought to bring out “the real Scarlett Johansson” by creating a young, sexy, modern shag with dry texture.
1. Begin by applying Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume™ Styling Whip to towel-dried hair, working the product in from roots to ends.
2. Dry hair using Fekkai Classic Brush to create loose, tousled waves for the textured effect.
3. Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Lifting Hairspray to roots to prep the foundation
4. At the nape of the neck, spritz hair with Fekkai Coiff™ Océanique Tousled Wave Spray.
5. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron wrap 2-3 inch sections of hair around the barrel of the iron, leaving ends out. Continue to repeat this act.
6. Take a hairdryer with nozzle attachment and blast the root of the hair for hold and volume.
7. Run fingers through the hair to break-up the waves.
8. Clamp the ends with a flat iron to flatten the curl, creating an imperfect, sleeker wave.
9. Finish the style with Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to give a modern, edgy look.
Johansson’s Make Up Artist accentuated the star’s breathtaking beauty exclusively with products from the Dolce & Gabbana range.
He focused on eyes, shading and outlining them using The Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Stromboli 130, applying the darkest color close to the lash line on the lid and beneath the eye line. He then used the copper and bronze hues at the crease of her eye and highlighted the inner corner with a smudge of the golden tone from the palette. He finished the eyes with a sweep of The Crayon Intense Eyeliner in Gold 3 and several coats of The Volumized Lashes Mascara in Black 1 for volume and definition. For a effortless, natural glamour, he used The Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Candy 80 on Scarlett’s lips. A light dusting of The Illuminator in Eva 3 completed the look.
Speaking about the star’s glamorous look for the evening, her personal Make Up Artist said: “Scarlett was simply stunning in tones of gold and copper, offset with a sheer pink to accentuate her lips. She looked the epitome of the modern movie star.”
Frederic Fekkai‘s Renato Campora styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Reese Witherspoon.
INSPIRATION: To compliment her gown, Renato channeled a mod-60′s high ponytail over combined with the top glamour.
1. Create the foundation for the style by applying Fekkai Coiff™ Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel and the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless™ Smooth Finish Serum.
2. Blow-dry hair with the Fekkai Large Round Brush to enhance fullness and volume.
3. Divide the hair into two sections.
4. Using a 1 ½ curling iron create movement and volume on the bottom layer.
5. Tease the roots of the top section to create the volume.
6. Finish the look by spraying Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to secure the silhouette and shape of the style.
All products available at Fekkai.com, ULTA.com, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Giuliana Rancic’s hairstylist is sharing the exclusive step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the E! host’s gorgeous look using Alterna products:
• Apply Alterna’s Bamboo Smooth Kendi Pure Treatment Oil ($24) to damp hair and blow-dry straight.
• Add additional texture with a 1″ iron by wrapping small sections of the hair away from the face to create “beach-like” texture.
• Gather the hair into a high ponytail leaving a little height in the front and pulling the sides tighter. Secure with an elastic band.
• Lightly tease the ponytail into a textured poof.
• Create a large bun and secure with French bobby pins. This look is inspired by YSL’s Fall 2010 fashion show.
• Finish with Alterna’s Caviar Working Hairspray ($26) and follow with Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Mist Oil ($24) to add extra shine.
Get a free deluxe sample of Alterna’s Bamboo Kendi Pure Treatment Oil at Ulta while supplies last. Just go to the counter and ask!