Archive of ‘Hair’ category
Suave Professionals wants Spoiled Pretty readers to take the “Suave Challenge” to see if you can tell the difference between Suave Professionals products and top salon brands.
As part of the challenge, on Thursday, March 24th, the first 200,000 fans to visit Suave Beauty on Facebook will receive a FREE full-size bottle to see for themselves just how well the new Suave Professionals products perform. You can also take the “Suave Challenge” at CanYouTell.com where the products will be put through virtual hair tests like wind, water, heat and more!
Also, be sure to “Like” Suave Beauty on Facebook and follow @SuaveBeauty on Twitter for the latest information on Suave, hair tips and news from The Suave Professionals.
Duffy for Frederic Fekkai styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Scarlett Johansson.
INSPIRATION: Duffy sought to bring out “the real Scarlett Johansson” by creating a young, sexy, modern shag with dry texture.
1. Begin by applying Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume™ Styling Whip to towel-dried hair, working the product in from roots to ends.
2. Dry hair using Fekkai Classic Brush to create loose, tousled waves for the textured effect.
3. Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Lifting Hairspray to roots to prep the foundation
4. At the nape of the neck, spritz hair with Fekkai Coiff™ Océanique Tousled Wave Spray.
5. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron wrap 2-3 inch sections of hair around the barrel of the iron, leaving ends out. Continue to repeat this act.
6. Take a hairdryer with nozzle attachment and blast the root of the hair for hold and volume.
7. Run fingers through the hair to break-up the waves.
8. Clamp the ends with a flat iron to flatten the curl, creating an imperfect, sleeker wave.
9. Finish the style with Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to give a modern, edgy look.
Johansson’s Make Up Artist accentuated the star’s breathtaking beauty exclusively with products from the Dolce & Gabbana range.
He focused on eyes, shading and outlining them using The Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Stromboli 130, applying the darkest color close to the lash line on the lid and beneath the eye line. He then used the copper and bronze hues at the crease of her eye and highlighted the inner corner with a smudge of the golden tone from the palette. He finished the eyes with a sweep of The Crayon Intense Eyeliner in Gold 3 and several coats of The Volumized Lashes Mascara in Black 1 for volume and definition. For a effortless, natural glamour, he used The Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Candy 80 on Scarlett’s lips. A light dusting of The Illuminator in Eva 3 completed the look.
Speaking about the star’s glamorous look for the evening, her personal Make Up Artist said: “Scarlett was simply stunning in tones of gold and copper, offset with a sheer pink to accentuate her lips. She looked the epitome of the modern movie star.”
Frederic Fekkai‘s Renato Campora styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Reese Witherspoon.
INSPIRATION: To compliment her gown, Renato channeled a mod-60’s high ponytail over combined with the top glamour.
1. Create the foundation for the style by applying Fekkai Coiff™ Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel and the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless™ Smooth Finish Serum.
2. Blow-dry hair with the Fekkai Large Round Brush to enhance fullness and volume.
3. Divide the hair into two sections.
4. Using a 1 ½ curling iron create movement and volume on the bottom layer.
5. Tease the roots of the top section to create the volume.
6. Finish the look by spraying Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to secure the silhouette and shape of the style.
All products available at Fekkai.com, ULTA.com, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Giuliana Rancic’s hairstylist is sharing the exclusive step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the E! host’s gorgeous look using Alterna products:
• Apply Alterna’s Bamboo Smooth Kendi Pure Treatment Oil ($24) to damp hair and blow-dry straight.
• Add additional texture with a 1″ iron by wrapping small sections of the hair away from the face to create “beach-like” texture.
• Gather the hair into a high ponytail leaving a little height in the front and pulling the sides tighter. Secure with an elastic band.
• Lightly tease the ponytail into a textured poof.
• Create a large bun and secure with French bobby pins. This look is inspired by YSL’s Fall 2010 fashion show.
• Finish with Alterna’s Caviar Working Hairspray ($26) and follow with Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Mist Oil ($24) to add extra shine.
Get a free deluxe sample of Alterna’s Bamboo Kendi Pure Treatment Oil at Ulta while supplies last. Just go to the counter and ask!
Jennifer Aniston debuted a new do while promoting her new comedy “Just Go With It” in Madrid. I love a lob (long bob) – as you can tell from my updated Twitter avatar…it’s my signature style. But I’m not digging it on Jen. Is it just me or does it make her look older? She looks tired, right? Perhaps the the lighter blond is washing her out a bit. I think a little lipstick would have helped to sell me on this new look.
I’ve heard time and time again that “women of a certain age” should wear their hair shorter…well, if this doesn’t disprove that myth, I don’t know what does.
This haircut probably seemed like a fun idea at the time, but I predict that Jen will soon regret it (kinda like her fling with John Douchebag Mayer).
What do you think? Does Jen’s new cut make the cut?
Previous 1 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 33 Next