For years, I have used an oversized wide-tooth comb to detangle my notoriously impossible to detangle post-shampoo hair. The amount of hair that would get caught in the teeth was somewhat alarming. But I chalked it up to the fact that I only wash my hair once a week – so maybe the hair loss really wasn’t all that bad. Detangling with the comb also took a long time and was kind of painful.
So when I heard about The Wet Brush, I contacted the company and requested a sample for review. They gladly sent me one – and, girls, I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s changed my life.
The first time I used it (which was a month ago), I was shocked. While it looks like an ordinary hairbrush, its bristles slip and slide through hair with ease – untangling even the most matted mess. Starting at the ends, I brushed my way up and was floored that the entire detangling process took half the time it usually does. And it was completely painless. Not to mention the amount of hair left in the brush was like one-tenth the size of the hairball that my wide tooth comb used to rip out of my head. Huzzah! (more…)
How adorbs is this Corioliss White Microphone Paddle Brush? It normally costs $25, but Rue La La has it on sale (in white and black) now for $15.50.
- This brush has a perfect body shape for detangling and straightening out long hair types
- The cushioned soft ball tip quills gently massage the scalp whilst brushing and the soft fluted handle molds to the hand
- Anti-static rubber cushioned pad prevents fly-away hair
- Unique, detachable flexible section pin allows easy sections with one hand
Rue La La membership is free…click here for an invite, courtesy of Spoiled Pretty.
On her blog, Kim Kardashian answers some beauty-related fan mail. When asked about the curling iron she used to create her inauguration night look (see above), Kim responded:
I use Hot Tools curling irons. They have a bunch of different sizes. If you want smaller, tighter curls, go with a smaller iron. If you want bigger, sexy curls, go with a larger one! Since your hair is so long, I’d suggest you use their 2-inch model for bigger waves! Happy hairstyling!
For more of Kim Kardashian’s beauty and makeup tips, click here.
This week, Spoiled Pretty is partnering with Aveda for a giveaway!!! One grand prize winner will receive Aveda’s Smooth Infusion Kit ($107 value), a 4-step smoothing system, with a smoothing brush. This set of smooth operators softens and defends against humidity for up to 12 hours.
The Smooth Infusion Kit includes:
Smooth Infusion Shampoo
* Babassu-derived cleansing system softens hair up to 60%
* Luxurious lather moisturizes and reduces frizz
Smooth Infusion Conditioner
* Exclusive plant infusion—a blend derived from organic aloe, maize and guar bean—creates a smooth new surface on hair
* Significantly reduces frizz and unwanted wave, helps prevent flyaways
* Protects against surface damage from heat styling
Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother
* Makes styling faster, easier
* Organic tapioca defends against humidity for up to 12 hours
* Hydrolized wheat protein protects against surface damage from heat styling
Light Elements Smoothing Fluid
* This fluid styling formula adds shine and movement as it restores a healthy look and feel to hair
* Plant-based ingredients—like certified organic jojoba—help condition and smooth hair
* Smooths, and conditions
* Dries with a soft touchable finish
* Adds weightless, free-flowing movement, body and natural shine
Two runners-up will win Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother (a $24 value).
To enter, send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name and mailing address. The subject line should read “Aveda Giveaway.” The contest ends at midnight (EST) on Sunday, October 26th. Three winners will be chosen at random from among the entrants. On Monday, October 27th, I’ll announce the winners’ names. Please, only one entry per person; duplicate entries will not increase your chances of winning. Contest is open to U.S. and Canadian residents only.