Now through May 14, take 20% off your entire purchase at Nine West stores and ninewest.com. Offer excludes fragrance. No coupon necessary; your discount will automatically be reflected at time of purchase.
When I purchased my Audrey Brook Paris Flats from DSW in December, it was love at first sight…and since then, my affection only grows stronger. I’ve worn them almost every day for the past three months because they’re so classic and chic and go with just every outfit imaginable. And they’re super comfortable, like a pair of slippers. But what I adore most is that these $60 shoes are often mistaken for $200 Tory Burch Reva flats. CONTINUE READING
That’s when I saw it…the Audrey Brooke Paris Flat. I was immediately enamored with the Reva doppleganger and rendered positively giddy by the price tag – just $59.95! But would the shoe fit? As I hurriedly removed my Ugg boot and slipped my foot into the shoe, I said a little prayer and…it fit like a glove. Not to sound dramatic – okay, maybe just a little – it was a Cinderella moment.
Alas, I didn’t buy the shoe in the store because I figured I could save more if I purchased online. So as soon as I returned home, I got on the Internet and picked up a black pair for less than $30. As I explained in a recent review of the Audrey Brooke Leopard Satchel, the awesome thing about DSW.com is that you can combine coupon codes. By combining some promo codes I researched online and cashing in some coupons I received as a DSW Rewards member (sign up…it’s free!), I saved $30 and got free shipping.
In addition to black leather, the Paris Flat is available in a metalic leather and a leopard print haircalf. They leopard ones aren’t available online, but I spotted them in the store – just, sadly, not in my size. So I called some other local DSW stores and tracked down a pair in my size – and they’re on hold until I can go adopt them on Friday. I can’t wait!!!
|Update: I scooped up the shoes a few days ago and I am so proud of my purchase. Too cute, right?|
Maybe it’s a godsend that my feet are so fat…because, for less than the price of Reva, I can pick up all three pairs of Paris.
I don’t care what anyone says about Uggs being ugly. I adore them. They are some of the most comfortable footwear I’ve ever worn (I own three pairs of boots and a pair of slippers). Seriously, when you wear them, it feels like you’re walking on clouds.
The downside is that Uggs are expensive. But don’t be tempted by shearling-lined charlatans. Nothing is as comfy cozy as the real deal. Your best bet is to patiently wait ’til Uggs go on sale – and then make your move.
That’s exactly what I plan to do on Monday, July 25 at 11am…because HauteLook is having an Uggs sale! I probably shouldn’t tell you this because I don’t want too much shopping competition. But you know I can’t keep a secret from my Spoiled Pretty sisters.
So whether you’re an Uggs newbie looking to make your first purchase or a seasoned vet adding to your collection, I suggest you set an alarm for this sale – because I predict the stock will go quickly.
And if you’re not already a member of HauteLook, I highly suggest that you join right now (membership is free) – so you’re signed up and ready to shop when the sale kicks off on Monday.
So this weekend, I went shoe shopping at Macy’s and bought these super fun Wowza sandals (also available in gold) from Nine West. They look so good on my feet that the $79 price tag didn’t really faze me. But it sure stung later that day when I saw my new shoes on ninewest.com – for $32 cheaper!
Now, if it was only a $5, $10, or $15 difference, I might have just cursed my bad luck and got on with my life. But $32 is a different story. So I went back to Macy’s, returned the sandals and then bought them online when I returned home. I even managed to find a free shipping coupon code, so I made out like a bandit.
Only down side is that I have to wait about a week to wear my cute new kicks.
On Sunday, flash sale site ideeli.com kicked off its first ever “Shoetopia” – a week of shoe sale events, giveaways and more – followed by the launch of the ideeli Shoes Facebook tab on Monday.
Now, even though Shoetopia week is half over (oops, my bad) – there are still opportunities to get your shoe shop on.
• “Shoe Pick” of the day: In addition to multiple daily events, ideeli will have a special 1-item shoe pick of the day (June 19th – June 24th). Each day the “it pick” shoe will be given away via Twitter.
• “One Shoe Five Ways” Giveaway: ideeli will host a giveaway on Friday June 24th, curated by blogger Anna Bassham of Shoe Smitten. The beautiful and versatile pair of shoes will be styled in five different looks featured on the ideeli Shoes Facebook tab. One lucky winner will receive the pair of shoe featured in Anna’s five styled looks along with a $500 gift card to spend on ideeli.
• “Sandalmania” sale: ideeli will host a blow-out sandal event to end Shoetopia week on Friday, June 24th at 12pm ET
ideeli Shoes Facebook Highlights:
1. Toe-to-Toe: The ultimate shoe style face-off. ideeli puts two shoes in the ring, and you vote on your favorite.
2. Shoe Candy: A series of editorial features that showcase what’s hot – and what’s not! – in shoes. From fall trends to celebrity shoe looks-for-less, ideeli’s editorial team will cover it all.
3. ideeli Shoe Sale RSS Feed: Stay on top of the latest shoe sales with the ideeli RSS shoe sale feed, featuring up-to-the-minute deals from the site. Click on “Buy Now” and go direct from browsing to buying.
4. The Shoe 411: Your daily shoe snapshot, highlighting fun tips, trend updates, and some of our favorite shoe maven style quotes.
Ideeli membership is free…click here for an invite, courtesy of Spoiled Pretty.