For my step-by-step tutorial on how to create your own clip-in hair extensions, click here! If you’d prefer to just buy pre-made extensions, check out these clip-ins by Ted Gibson, which just launched tonight on QVC.
Today, I appeared on the NBC 10! Show. You all know that I could fill the entire hour gabbing about beauty products…but, alas, I only had five minutes. At the top of the show, I shared some of my favorite money-saving tips, which include:
* Whenever you buy online, do a Google search for promotional/coupon codes and free shipping deals. You’d be surprised by how a few minutes of investigative work can save you a pretty penny.
* Sign up for a free rewards card at your favorite beauty retailers. With Sephora’s Beauty Insider Program, you accrue a point for every dollar you spend. When your ‘beauty bank’ hits 100 points, you can choose a deluxe sample. Plus, Sephora treats you to a deluxe beauty treat on your birthday. Stila Cosmetics just unveiled a similar program.
* Register your email with your favorite beauty brand or online retailers – to have news, coupons, and exclusive deals delivered to you inbox.
* My hairdresser is a longtime friend of the family, so we have a special arrangement. I bring in my own products and he gives me a discount. If you have a good relationship with your hairdresser, see if he/she would be amenable to a similar deal.
* Beauty schools offer salon services at discounted rates, so consider taking advantage of their menu of services.
A little later in the program, I returned with more tips and some fabulous budget beauty product recommendations!
Today, after attending the Cashman & Associates Girls’ Day Out event, Mama Spoiled Pretty and I headed over to Macy’s for some extra innings of shopping. Mom was kinda working my last nerve, shopping up a storm, then asking me (aka telling me) to carry her heavy bags. But then she spotted a $180 Michael Kors dress – in my size – for $9. Can you even believe? So all was forgiven and Philadelphia has since been re-named the City of Motherly Love. Anyway, despite saving $171 on the dress, it still wasn’t my most satisfying purchase of the day.
Before mom and I headed for the petites department, we stopped at the MAC counter and had a ball playing with the makeup. At first, mom was all, “What do you need more MAC makeup for?” Obviously, I did not inherit my product addiction from my mother. But after watching me get all done up, thanks to the talented and knowledgeable MAC makeup artist Jillian, she too was bitten by the MAC bug. Jillian gave her a very sophisticated smoky eye and mom ended up buying both of the shadows Jillian used – Nehru (muted bluish black) and Knight Divine (black w/ silver pearl).
For my fabulous purchase (you’re going to be green with envy), watch the video: