Let us pray that putting on some sunscreen (and pounds) is at the top of the fashionista’s New Year’s resolutions list.
Lisa Hoffman Beauty asked me to share the following promotion with all of you. And I’m so excited to give you the deets, I can barely type…
Summer may be nearly over, but it doesn’t mean you should stop using a moisturizer with SPF! Try Lisa Hoffman’s Day Cream SPF 15 for FREE by replying to this offer and referring a friend.
This lightweight moisturizer supplies beneficial compounds to improve dry skin conditions. It incorporates SPF 15 and other critical sunscreen ingredients to protect the skin from harmful UV radiation that leads to skin drying, and premature aging such as lines and wrinkles.
Here’s how simple it is to get your own full-sized sample:
* Make sure the subject line reads “Friend”
* Include the name, email address and shipping address for each person (including you!) receiving the complimentary Day Cream SPF 15
* For every Day Cream they ship, they will include a note to your friend that says they have been personally requested to receive the complimentary product…this way, they’ll know the gift came from you!
The offer is valid while supplies last. And considering how awesome this offer is, it probably won’t last long. So go write that email….I’ll still be here when you get back.
The weather forecast says 88 and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. After an exhaustive search, you’ve found the elusive “perfect” swimsuit. And you’ve picked out a trashy read, with no literary value whatsoever. So you’re ready for the beach, right? Wait. Not to burst your proverbial bubble, but you’re not all set yet.
A trip to the beach requires much more than a cute swimsuit. If you’re planning for a relaxing, idyllic day of surf and sand, you might want to put some serious thought into what you’ll pack in your bag. Because there’s nothing less relaxing than getting to the beach and realizing that you’ve left some important necessities at home.
To ensure that you’re pretty and prepared for your day at the beach, remember to bring along the following must-haves for your beach bag:
* Sunscreen: When selecting a sunscreen product, be sure to read the label before you buy. Experts recommend products with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15. The SPF number represents the level of protection against UVB rays provided by the sunscreen…a higher number means more protection. The two most common (and painful) sunscreen mistakes are using too little and waiting too long to reapply. About 1 ounce of sunscreen (a palmful) should be used to cover the arms, legs, neck and face of the average adult. For best results, most sunscreens must be reapplied at least every 2 hours and even more often if you are swimming or sweating. Products labeled “waterproof” may provide protection for at least 80 minutes even when you are swimming or sweating. Products that are “water resistant” may provide protection for only 40 minutes. And don’t forget your lips, especially if you’re a lipgloss fanatic like me. Many dermatologists say that slathering on glosses can increase your risk of developing skin cancer because shiny nature of the gloss could be making the sun’s UV rays hit harder. So if you’re going to grab for a gloss, make it one with at least SPF 15.
* Wide-brimmed hat: A hat with at least a 2- to 3-inch brim all around is ideal because it protects areas often exposed to the sun, such as the neck, ears, eyes, forehead, nose, and scalp. A baseball cap is also a good choice. A hat not only protects from the sun’s intense rays, it can also cover and tame wind-blown hair.
* Sunglasses: The ideal sunglasses don’t have to be expensive, but they should block 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB radiation. Check the label to be sure they do. Some labels may say, “UV absorption up to 400 nm.” This is the same as 100% UV absorption. Also, labels that say “Meets ANSI UV Requirements” mean the glasses block at least 99% of UV rays. Those labeled “cosmetic” block about 70% of the UV rays. If there is no label, don’t assume the sunglasses provide any protection. Large-framed and wraparound sunglasses are more likely to protect your eyes from light coming in from different angles.
Envirosax bags are lightweight, portable, waterproof, affordable, and stylish! With reinforced seams, each surprisingly large bag can hold at least 40 pounds, and the carrying handle is long enough to comfortably carry over your shoulder. The Flora line of Envirosax bags draws its inspiration from the colors and shapes of pristine Australian rainforests.
The winner’s bag will include:
Secret Flawless Antiperspirant/Deodorant: If you secretly crave strong wetness protection that smells fresh and has skin conditioners, your search is over. New Secret Flawless gives you everything you long for — all in one cutting-edge antiperspirant.
Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara: Lash Blast’s patented volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max-out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big lash look.
Goody Mosaic Ouchless Purse Brush: The ultimate in snagless styling. This brush is smaller sized – perfect for travel or on the go styling.
Bath & Body Works Body Splash in Blushing Cherry Blossom: Cherry blossoms blended with lighthearted jasmine, rose juliette and crisp citrus capture the romantic first blush of spring. Other notes include mandarin, lush berries, fresh melon, musk, violet, and creamy Sandalwood. Contains naturally pampering aloe vera to leave skin conditioned.
Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soothers SPF 20 in Shine, Sheen, and Gleam: Provides instant, soothing relief on contact with beautiful high gloss shine and SPF 20. The unique hydragel formula contains conditioning botanicals and glycerin for intense moisturization. Carry this pocket-portable gloss with you for use whenever you want hydrated, beautiful lips.
Avon Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard: Don’t let bugs and sun spoil your outdoor fun this summer. Protect yourself from both the sun and certain insects with NEW Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535 Expedition SPF 30. Using patented time-release technology, it creates an invisible barrier of protection to repel against mosquitoes, gnats, no-seeums, sand flies, and biting midges. certain insects. When applied properly, users are shielded with water-resistant SPF 30 sunscreen protection. Bug Guard Plus IR3535 Expedition SPF 30 is available in two versions – an unscented aerosol and a pump spray with a Gentle Breeze™ fragrance. The winner will receive both!
To enter, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name. The subject line should read “Envirosax Giveaway.” The contest ends at midnight (EST) on Saturday, July 5th. One winner and four runners-up will be chosen at random from among the entrants. On Sunday, July 6th, I’ll announce the winners names. Please, only one entry per person; duplicate entries will not increase your chances of winning. Contest is open to U.S. & Canadian residents only.
And be sure to check out the other bag giveaways. You can enter all of the giveaways, but you can only win once. Good luck!
Take, for example, Elezar handbags. This summer, Elezar is expanding its collection of handbags to include a new vegan line, Vivi. Vivi bags match the beauty, sophistication and functionality of Elezar’s leather collection while providing stylish women with another fabulous form of expression. Vivi’s lush Ecouture materials mirror the luxury provided by Elezar’s leather bags, but is made from a unique, high-end biodegradable material found in Italy. The look and feel is not only luxurious, but the great functional shapes with a slight edge exude passion – from the old world feel of weaved fencing to the modern day ultra-chic chain handles. Elezar bags keep you organized, polished and always chic.
Today is day four of our In The Bag Summer Beauty Giveaway Week. So all of you haute hippies out there, here’s your chance to get spoiled pretty. Elezar’s Vivi Barrel Bag (which retails for $375) will be filled with the following summer essentials:
Burt’s Bees Chemical-Free Sunscreen SPF 15: This non-greasy formula provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection and helps keep skin hydrated without using chemical sunscreen actives like octinoxate and oxybenzone. Instead, titanium dioxide, a naturally-occuring mineral creates a micro-fine barrier on your skin to reflect the sun’s harmful rays. The natural sunscreen is effective immediately upon application and safe for kids.
Aloe & Linden Flower After Sun Soother: Help overexposed skin chill out with this intensely hydrating, quick-absorbing face and body lotion. It’s packed with natural aloe vera and linden extract to soothe. Coconut oil, bee pollen and glycerin nourish your skin and help replenish its natural moisture. Your sun-kissed skin will feel revived, soft and healthy, naturally.
Jurlique Sun Lotion SPF 30+: This broad spectrum sun lotion is formulated to give extra protection against sun exposure. Suitable for all skin types.
Jurlique Citrus Silk Finishing Powder: A silky translucent facial powder that refines the complexion and helps absorb excess facial oil to reduce shine. Leaves the skin fresh and radiant.
Jurlique Citrus Purifying Mist: This clarifying mist is infused with the living energy of witch hazel and marshmallow combined with essential oils of tangerine and lemon to enliven and purify. Leaves the skin hydrated and refreshed. Ideal for rebalancing summer-induced oiliness.
Tarte Double Dose Berry Boost & Gloss in acai boost, acerola rush, go go goji, and pomegranate punch: Get a double dose of beauty and treatment. The inner berry boost is a t5 super fruit complex™ concentrated pigment that mixes with the outer high shine gloss. The result is a rich color that helps rejuvenate your lips. The formula is infused with vitamin C, peppermint oil, and shea butter – and is paraben-free, mineral-oil free, and phthalate free. With the purchase of every gloss, you’ll be helping to preserve the Amazon Rainforest through forest conservation, improved living conditions and educational opportunities for communities in Brazil. Tarte supports Sambazon’s Sustainable Acai Project (SAP), a member of the Organic Trade Association and the Fair Trade Federation.
To enter, send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name. The subject line should read “Elezar Handbag Giveaway.” The contest ends at midnight (EST) on Wednesday, July 2nd. One winner will be chosen at random from among the entrants. On Thursday, July 3rd, I’ll announce the winner’s name. Please, only one entry per person; duplicate entries will not increase your chances of winning. Contest is open to U.S. & Canadian residents only.
And be sure to check out the other bag giveaways. You can enter all of the giveaways, but you can only win once. Good luck!
If you have a tattoo, you probably know that the #1 enemy of your body art is the sun. That’s the bad news. The good news is that Tattoo Potion Number 1 SPF 30 prevents your tat from fading, keeping the colors as vibrant as the day you got inked.
Tattoo Potion Number 1 contains all-natural ingredients, and has a silky smooth feel. Vitamins, minerals, and pure tapioca keep the skin healthy and soft. The product also promises to keep sand from sticking.
I wonder how quickly Kat Von D would go through a bottle of this stuff.
You all know that by night (and weekend), I am a beauty blogger extraordinaire. But did you know that, by day, I work for the American Cancer Society? Well, since May is National Skin Cancer Awareness Month, allow me to drop some knowledge on you.
There are more than 1 million skin cancers diagnosed each year in the United States. That’s more than cancers of the prostate, breast, lung, colon, uterus, ovaries and pancreas combined! Warmer weather is finally here and many activities move outside, so be sun smart and to follow some easy tips to reduce your risk of skin cancer.
* Limit Direct Sun Exposure during Midday (10 am and 4pm)
* Cover Up* Wear a Hat
* Wear Sunglasses That Block UV Rays
* Avoid Tanning Beds and Sunlamps
* Use a Sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 15 or Higher
My new favorite sun protection product comes courtesy of Palmer’s. Their Cocoa Butter Formula SPF 15 Body Lotion really makes skin care easy to integrate sun care into my beauty routine.
The formula is enriched with cocoa butter and Vitamin E, which helps promote elasticity and suppleness while soothing chapped, parched skin. And with SPF 15, it’s a great everyday way to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. Plus, when you smooth it on, it has this delectable chocolate fragrance – which somehow morphs into a fresh, powdery scent once it sinks in. How does Palmer’s do it? I dunno.
Try this lotion for yourself and see if it works its magic on you. At $6.65 for an 8.5 oz. bottle, you have no excuse.