OPI is partnering with Gwen Stefani on a new, seven-piece limited edition nail polish collection for 2014 – featuring standout color in breakthrough finishes. Highlights from the collection include a bold red lacquer that pays homage to Gwen’s signature lipstick, a new semi-matte satin finish in shades of gold and black, and a mirrored chrome paired with a special base coat.
Gwen’s signature red OPI hue – Over & Over A-Gwen – will be available in a boxed set, which includes Swarovski black crystals and silver, gold and pewter studs in bar, square, diamond and circle shapes for creating unique nail designs, as well as nail glue for easy application. (more…)
The Urban Decay Friends & Family Sale is happening RIGHT NOW at and ends on 10/12. Which makes now the perfect time to spoil yourself with all of those items that have been lingering on your wish list. Or take this opportunity to start your holiday shopping early. Here are my product picks:
- Naked and Naked2 Palettes (they are the best eyeshadow palettes of ALL. FREAKING. TIME.)
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils (Deviant, Stash and Zero are personal faves)
- All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
Enter promo code FFHOLIDAY13 at checkout to receive 20% off your entire purchase (yes, girl…EVERYTHING).
Last week, Tory Burch added a new fragrance and beauty collection to her stylish empire.
Tory describes her eponymous fragrance as “a balance of femininity and tomboy, citrus and floral, grounded and graceful.” Floral peony and tuberose blend with crisp citrus notes of grapefruit and neroli — anchored by earthy vetiver.
Back in 2009, I interviewed my fellow Philadelphian and she named Vetiver by Guerlain as her signature scent. So I’m not surprised that vetiver (which her dad, Buddy, also wore) became the signature note for her first fragrance. (more…)
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare is seeking before & after candidates for a QVC photo shoot!
They need to secure some “local talent” who would be willing to have their potential before and after photos appear on-air for facial skincare or hair products.
This shoot will take place at QVC in West Chester, PA on:
- Wednesday, October 2 for Before pictures
- Wednesday, October 16 for After 2 weeks pictures
- Wednesday, October 30 for After 4 weeks pictures
There will be perks included (more details to follow, but free product is definite!) and they will pay up to $20/hour for time at the shoot.
They are looking to secure 20 candidates with the following qualifications: (more…)
Check out this Philosophy Best Sellers Collection Kit that HauteLook has on sale right now. The 6-piece set is packed with travel size essentials that everyone woman must-have on-the-go. You can snatch it up now for just $20 (it’s a $50 value).
I love every sing one of these products! For any of you readers who have never tried Philosophy products before, this would be a great buy. And for the hard-core Philosophy fans out there, this would be a smart purchase too – just save the bottles for your next trip.
The kit includes a pink cosmetic bag and the following Philosophy products:
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple, Travel Size (1.0 fl. oz.): Gently cleanse, tone and melt away all face and eye makeup in one simple step, while lightly hydrating the skin
- Philosophy Hope in a Jar, Travel Size (0.4 fl. oz.): Lightweight daily moisturizer hydrates and provides antioxidant protection, while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant
- Philosophy Pure Grace Shampoo & Shower Gel, Travel Size ( 2.0 fl. oz.): Wrap yourself in the soap and water scent of pure grace shampoo, bath and shower gel, a 3-in-1 formula
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Shampoo & Shower Gel, Travel Size (2.0 fl. oz.): Amazingly clean, beautifully feminine scent of welcoming bergamot to greet the senses
- Philosophy MD Exfoliating Wash, Travel Size (1.0 fl. oz.): Designed to effectively cleanse and replenish skin, while providing resurfacing benefits
Click here for an invite to HauteLook. Membership is free.
Carol’s Daughter Body Cream is my hands-down favorite body moisturizer. It’s so decadently thick, it’s like a treat every time you smooth it on. And the formula is hydrating as all get-out. Plus, they smell amazing. I’m partial to the vanilla-based scents, which are all elegant and inspired takes on the classic scent.
Anyway, for the past few weeks, I’ve been lotioning up with Carol’s Daughter Body Butter in Vanilla Petals. I got a travel-sized jar in a set that I featured in my Holiday 2012 Gift Guide. Anyway, I just got around to using it and I can’t stop sniffing myself. I absolutely LOVE this scent. It’s described as a having notes of French marshmallow, soft florals and vanilla. To me, it smells like a mashup of buttercream and baby powder. Sounds weird, but it totally works. It’s warm and feminine – perfect for this season.
Now that I am almost finished with the jar, I’m weighing my options. I could replenish my stock by buying the full-sized jar or if I should go out on a limb and try their latest vanilla concoction: Lavender & Vanilla. I love both of those scents and Carol’s Daughter has never disappointed me with one of their vanilla interpretations. Here’s what Lisa Price, Carol’s Daughter founder, had to say about it:
“I’ve always loved the way Lavender makes me feel calm, and I happen to have a not-so-secret love affair with Vanilla. The combination of Lavender and Vanilla is like the best of both worlds: cool and warm; fresh and exotic – all at the same time.”
Well, I’m sold. I fully intend to investigate and report back.
Carol’s Daughter products are available at Sephora, Macy’s and Ulta.