It’s all about the Hamiltons, baby.
Join Rue La La (membership is free) now thru March 3 and get a $10 credit*. All you have to do is sign up using my personal invite link. It’s that easy.
Get money…get money…
*Credit will appear in your account within 48 hours.
Celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic is answering your burning beauty questions!!! Every Monday, he will answer a beauty/skin care question as part of a weekly column on Spoiled Pretty, Makeup Mondays with Mario.
This week, it’s my turn to ask a question or two…or six. To mix it up, I’ve asked Mario to play a game of Fill In The Beauty Blanks…
1) The first beauty product I ever bought was a Stila brush – #15, I think.
2) My favorite drugstore beauty product is L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black.
3) Every woman should own Eye M Glam highlighter.
4) Splurge on foundation and save your money on lip gloss/lipstick.
5) Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in RD 165 is a universally flattering red lipstick.
6) La Mer, beautyblender, Dior are my three favorite beauty brands.
Got a question for Mario? Email your makeup and skin care queries to email@example.com, and check back next Monday to read Mario’s expert advice!
For Marisa Tomei’s gorgeous red carpet look, makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen worked exclusively with Anastasia Beverly Hills product.
Matthew took the Anastasia Highlighting Crème Duo in St Tropez dipped into the crème blush and applied it in gentle back and forth sweeps across Marisa’s smiling cheeks. (Pro tip: smiling makes the job mistake proof, because it helps the blush go where it’s supposed to). Using the same brush, Matthew dipped into the highlighting crème and brushed the tops of the lips and nose with the illuminating fluid. The skin was “so translucent and smooth looking!”
Turning to brows, Matthew filled and shaped Marisa’s with Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Brunette and created a few feathery strokes in the brow and to define the bottom edge of the brow. Matthew then took Anastasia Brow Duality Pencil and placed a bit of the matte highlighter just at the arch of the brow. The total effect is ultra defined and crisp brows that perfectly frame the face.
Moving to the eyes, Matthew took Anastasia Illumin8 Eye Shadow Palette 1 and dusted the soft pink sorbet shadow all over the eye to brighten and tone the skin. Matthew raved that “the shadow is so smoothing and imparts a modern velvety texture.” Then Matthew took Illumin8 palette 3 and blended the mauve shade into the crease “to create the perfect shade of orchid.” Next, Matthew lined the eye with a thin line of black pencil and smudged the sparkly blue/black shadow from Illumin8 palette #3 into the lashline to create a softer, smokey eyeline.
The eye makeup was finished by curling the lashes and applying two coats of Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara, which Matthew says “has reached cult status with many of my clients…it’s incredible.”
Finally to finish Marisa’s stunning look, Matthew applied Anastasia Hydrafull Lip Gloss in Sangria, a gorgeous soft amethyst berry shade.
Duffy for Frederic Fekkai styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Scarlett Johansson.
INSPIRATION: Duffy sought to bring out “the real Scarlett Johansson” by creating a young, sexy, modern shag with dry texture.
1. Begin by applying Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume™ Styling Whip to towel-dried hair, working the product in from roots to ends.
2. Dry hair using Fekkai Classic Brush to create loose, tousled waves for the textured effect.
3. Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Lifting Hairspray to roots to prep the foundation
4. At the nape of the neck, spritz hair with Fekkai Coiff™ Océanique Tousled Wave Spray.
5. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron wrap 2-3 inch sections of hair around the barrel of the iron, leaving ends out. Continue to repeat this act.
6. Take a hairdryer with nozzle attachment and blast the root of the hair for hold and volume.
7. Run fingers through the hair to break-up the waves.
8. Clamp the ends with a flat iron to flatten the curl, creating an imperfect, sleeker wave.
9. Finish the style with Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to give a modern, edgy look.
Johansson’s Make Up Artist accentuated the star’s breathtaking beauty exclusively with products from the Dolce & Gabbana range.
He focused on eyes, shading and outlining them using The Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Stromboli 130, applying the darkest color close to the lash line on the lid and beneath the eye line. He then used the copper and bronze hues at the crease of her eye and highlighted the inner corner with a smudge of the golden tone from the palette. He finished the eyes with a sweep of The Crayon Intense Eyeliner in Gold 3 and several coats of The Volumized Lashes Mascara in Black 1 for volume and definition. For a effortless, natural glamour, he used The Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Candy 80 on Scarlett’s lips. A light dusting of The Illuminator in Eva 3 completed the look.
Speaking about the star’s glamorous look for the evening, her personal Make Up Artist said: “Scarlett was simply stunning in tones of gold and copper, offset with a sheer pink to accentuate her lips. She looked the epitome of the modern movie star.”
Frederic Fekkai‘s Renato Campora styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Reese Witherspoon.
INSPIRATION: To compliment her gown, Renato channeled a mod-60’s high ponytail over combined with the top glamour.
1. Create the foundation for the style by applying Fekkai Coiff™ Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel and the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless™ Smooth Finish Serum.
2. Blow-dry hair with the Fekkai Large Round Brush to enhance fullness and volume.
3. Divide the hair into two sections.
4. Using a 1 ½ curling iron create movement and volume on the bottom layer.
5. Tease the roots of the top section to create the volume.
6. Finish the look by spraying Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to secure the silhouette and shape of the style.
All products available at Fekkai.com, ULTA.com, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Cate Blanchett, who presented the award for best makeup at the 83rd annual Academy Awards is known for her flawless complexion.
When you have flawless skin like Cate, you don’t need much makeup. To get her award-winning look, the actress prepped her skin with SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and SK-II Facial Treatment Masks, both of which contain the highest concentration of SK-II’s key ingredient, Pitera®.
Facial Treatment Essence, which helps promote radiant skin, is a simple step easy to incorporate into any skincare ritual. Used both day and night, it restores skin’s natural surface cycle. “SK-II is fundamentally different from other lines based on one indispensable product – the Facial Treatment Essence,” Cate says. “It is like nothing I have ever used before, a clear liquid that you simply press into your skin. It clarifies and moisturizes. It basically does it all. As a result, my skin looks more balanced and healthy.”
Facial Treatment Mask is a deeply intensive, moisture-boosting mask that hydrates the skin with Pitera® to promote more radiant and smoother skin. Cate says, “I use a Facial Treatment Mask to immediately brighten my complexion with a surge of Pitera® – it’s so refreshing and leaves my skin feeling rejuvenated.”
This dynamic duo intensely moisturizes the skin, resulting in a stunning luminous glow even before makeup is applied.