Duffy for Frederic Fekkai styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Scarlett Johansson.
INSPIRATION: Duffy sought to bring out “the real Scarlett Johansson” by creating a young, sexy, modern shag with dry texture.
1. Begin by applying Fekkai Advanced Full Blown Volume™ Styling Whip to towel-dried hair, working the product in from roots to ends.
2. Dry hair using Fekkai Classic Brush to create loose, tousled waves for the textured effect.
3. Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume™ Lifting Hairspray to roots to prep the foundation
4. At the nape of the neck, spritz hair with Fekkai Coiff™ Océanique Tousled Wave Spray.
5. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron wrap 2-3 inch sections of hair around the barrel of the iron, leaving ends out. Continue to repeat this act.
6. Take a hairdryer with nozzle attachment and blast the root of the hair for hold and volume.
7. Run fingers through the hair to break-up the waves.
8. Clamp the ends with a flat iron to flatten the curl, creating an imperfect, sleeker wave.
9. Finish the style with Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to give a modern, edgy look.
Johansson’s Make Up Artist accentuated the star’s breathtaking beauty exclusively with products from the Dolce & Gabbana range.
He focused on eyes, shading and outlining them using The Smooth Eye Colour Quad in Stromboli 130, applying the darkest color close to the lash line on the lid and beneath the eye line. He then used the copper and bronze hues at the crease of her eye and highlighted the inner corner with a smudge of the golden tone from the palette. He finished the eyes with a sweep of The Crayon Intense Eyeliner in Gold 3 and several coats of The Volumized Lashes Mascara in Black 1 for volume and definition. For a effortless, natural glamour, he used The Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Candy 80 on Scarlett’s lips. A light dusting of The Illuminator in Eva 3 completed the look.
Speaking about the star’s glamorous look for the evening, her personal Make Up Artist said: “Scarlett was simply stunning in tones of gold and copper, offset with a sheer pink to accentuate her lips. She looked the epitome of the modern movie star.”
Frederic Fekkai‘s Renato Campora styled 2011 Academy Awards presenter, Reese Witherspoon.
INSPIRATION: To compliment her gown, Renato channeled a mod-60’s high ponytail over combined with the top glamour.
1. Create the foundation for the style by applying Fekkai Coiff™ Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel and the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless™ Smooth Finish Serum.
2. Blow-dry hair with the Fekkai Large Round Brush to enhance fullness and volume.
3. Divide the hair into two sections.
4. Using a 1 ½ curling iron create movement and volume on the bottom layer.
5. Tease the roots of the top section to create the volume.
6. Finish the look by spraying Fekkai Coiff™ Sheer Hold Hairspray to secure the silhouette and shape of the style.
All products available at Fekkai.com, ULTA.com, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.
Cate Blanchett, who presented the award for best makeup at the 83rd annual Academy Awards is known for her flawless complexion.
When you have flawless skin like Cate, you don’t need much makeup. To get her award-winning look, the actress prepped her skin with SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and SK-II Facial Treatment Masks, both of which contain the highest concentration of SK-II’s key ingredient, Pitera®.
Facial Treatment Essence, which helps promote radiant skin, is a simple step easy to incorporate into any skincare ritual. Used both day and night, it restores skin’s natural surface cycle. “SK-II is fundamentally different from other lines based on one indispensable product – the Facial Treatment Essence,” Cate says. “It is like nothing I have ever used before, a clear liquid that you simply press into your skin. It clarifies and moisturizes. It basically does it all. As a result, my skin looks more balanced and healthy.”
Facial Treatment Mask is a deeply intensive, moisture-boosting mask that hydrates the skin with Pitera® to promote more radiant and smoother skin. Cate says, “I use a Facial Treatment Mask to immediately brighten my complexion with a surge of Pitera® – it’s so refreshing and leaves my skin feeling rejuvenated.”
This dynamic duo intensely moisturizes the skin, resulting in a stunning luminous glow even before makeup is applied.
Giuliana Rancic’s hairstylist is sharing the exclusive step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the E! host’s gorgeous look using Alterna products:
• Apply Alterna’s Bamboo Smooth Kendi Pure Treatment Oil ($24) to damp hair and blow-dry straight.
• Add additional texture with a 1″ iron by wrapping small sections of the hair away from the face to create “beach-like” texture.
• Gather the hair into a high ponytail leaving a little height in the front and pulling the sides tighter. Secure with an elastic band.
• Lightly tease the ponytail into a textured poof.
• Create a large bun and secure with French bobby pins. This look is inspired by YSL’s Fall 2010 fashion show.
• Finish with Alterna’s Caviar Working Hairspray ($26) and follow with Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Mist Oil ($24) to add extra shine.
Get a free deluxe sample of Alterna’s Bamboo Kendi Pure Treatment Oil at Ulta while supplies last. Just go to the counter and ask!
Every time I apply foundation or tinted moisturizer, I mix in a little NARS Orgasm Illuminator – without fail. It takes my complexion to a whole nuther level…which is why I am positively giddy that NARS just added three new shades to the Illuminator family.
COPACABANA – Like its namesake Multiple, Copacabana Illuminator will impart a pearlescent sheen and can be applied all over the face, mixed with foundation, and used to highlight the neck, shoulders and décolleté.
SUPER ORGASM – Infused, like the blush, with golden shimmer and a peachy-gold hue that can be applied all over the face, mixed with foundation, and used to highlight the neck, shoulders and décolleté.
LAGUNA – A golden-bronze hue, just as in Laguna Bronzer, that will give a sun-kissed glow and can be applied to the face or mixed with foundation.
This collection of light-reflecting liquids glides on to refresh the skin, enhance the complexion and create a shimmering incandescence. The Illuminators can be used to highlight bare skin or to light up your makeup as it lights the skin from within.
Key ingredients include:
• Polar Berries, known for their antioxidant properties
• Bisabolol, known as an anti-inflammatory (obtained from the Chamomile plant)
• Indian Frankincense, known for its soothing and comforting properties
• Vitamin B5 to, known to condition skin
• Sodium Hyaluronate, known to hydrate skin
The Illuminators are $29 and are available at the new NARS Boutique in NYC, NARS counters and narscosmetics.com.
These days, most of the time I have my hands full with Westley – who recently turned 6-months old! Anyway, last week, I had a rare opportunity to get a manicure. I got out of work early and my fabulous co-worker, Alyssa, and I got our nails did.
I decided on OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (from the Swiss Collection). It’s a stunning pewter shade that almost takes on a blueish cast in the light.
Alyssa also opted for OPI. I can’t recall the name, though…but isn’t it glitterrific?